Propane Tank Outlet for Outside Stove & Grill in BF 24'

This forum is for Born Free owners to detail modifications that they have made to their coach that might be of interest to other owners. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
bfadmin
Site Admin

Propane Tank Outlet for Outside Stove & Grill in BF 24'

Post by bfadmin »

Propane Tank Outlet for Stove & Gril

Propane Outlet for Stove & Grill. I prefer to cook outside. For years we've carried various grills, stoves and fuels including charcoal & chimney, white gas, Coleman fuel, hickory firewood and propane. Of these, propane was always fast and easy but also the most likely to run out at the least convenient time. I figured with a 20 gallon tank of propane on board, I could avoid carrying additional fuels. I bought a propane stove and grill and now fuel them from the coach.

Cornbread on a propane stove

Sadly, this grill is not charcoal but it does very well with wood chips. It is not fired-up in this photo (when its on, its smoking :)

The key to using this stove and grill from the coach supply of propane has everything to do with propane pressure. The low pressure supplied to the coach will not supply enough gas pressure for these units to work. Our 99 24RB has a two-stage Marshall regulator. The pressure after the first stage is 15psi (pounds, not inches) which will work with this grill and stove. On the side nearest the tank of the first stage regulator there is a 1/8
Last edited by bfadmin on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org

Return to “Coach Modifications”