Radio for 99 RSB BF

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Well, here I am again....I re-read all the information posted here & ended up going to Best Buy as suggested by Dallas. Best decision I made. Had the Pioneer FH-X700BT installed. Yes, Rob (the installer) had to file down the upper & lower parts of the dashboard....not much but enough to get the unit in. No way could anyone tell this is an after market radio....it looks absolutely perfect. I cannot, cannot say enough about the fellow who did the work (Rob).... The total cost was $250 installed. It is a double din receiver and has the Bluetooth, CD player, USB port, etc. I am thrilled with the outcome. He installed the mike in the dash behind the steering wheel so I can use Bluetooth without picking up my phone. I think I got exceptionally lucky by going to Best Buy, making the purchase there & having Rob do the installation. He did a great job. I watched the whole installation & know I couldn't have done it, but understand how many of you have done this kind of an upgrade yourselves. For the $90 it cost me, I feel I got my monies worth & then some.....Just wanted to alert those of you who are anxious about making this kind of an improvement, don't be anxious.....it can be done & it's definitely worth it. Would post pics but she's back having the final installation done......new tires.... Mine were 8 yrs. old & certainly due for replacement...... Kind of shocked at the cost since back in 2005 I paid $1,200 for the Michelins with the steel belt, now I'm right at $2K....... Oh well, safety doesn't have a price tag...
BTW.... I will be posting my original radio in the accessories place. Works great.... free for just shipping costs. Thanks to all for helping me.....
Dude

Post by Dude »

Glad you finally got your radio. Did you skip the GPS? Wasn't that a big thing for you?
Matt
1989 26 foot Rear Side Bed
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

No, the GPS combo was just too darn expensive & I do have a new Rand McNally GPS that I bought several months ago but have not really used it on the road yet. I know when setting it up here at home, I had to be on the phone with a Tech several times....seems they loaded their ad software on it which made it impossible to program....and some other problems. I would not buy it again & have to say it doesn't compare with my old Garmin....
If I knew back then what I have learned with the radio installation I just did I certainly wouldn't have bought the Rand McNally & would have gone with a built in GPS. Just my opinion .... learning the hard way... But I am so impressed with this new radio that if nothing else I'll rely on my IPhone, route print outs & my map books....
Oh! And to answer your question....no, the GPS wasn't all that big a deal for me. I was more interested in the CD player & Bluetooth....got that in the Pioneer plus a couple other neat things.....plus a forever warranty .... so I'm okay with no built in GPS.....

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”