what do i do for a dining table

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

96rsbowner

what do i do for a dining table

Post by 96rsbowner »

i like my 1996 24 ft rear bed model but it has no table to eat on, what are other owners of these doing about it? i guess i can get tv trays.
taprjoan

table

Post by taprjoan »

I found a very inexpensive fold-up table in Wal-Mart. Can store in clothes closet or under bed. Lightweight and very servicable.
srvivrs3
22 ft. Born Free
Joan & Bill & 2 greyhounds
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Why not get something like this folding table? Very steady, not too heavy, folds flat for storage, big enough for 2+, and height is adjustable too. Can also be used outdoors. I have one and love it. :D

Available from Camping World and on sale for $18: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... hite/48945

Bill
Attachments
folding table.jpg
folding table.jpg (113.56 KiB) Viewed 8901 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Go to your nearby marine supply and look at the tables that sit on a fitting screwed to the floor.
96rsbowner

Post by 96rsbowner »

thanks for all the suggestions I found out my model is supposed to have a swivel out table mounted behind the drivers seat. the table is gone but I see the mount so I can work with that.
stevek

Post by stevek »

I thought this was an interesting idea.
Particularly for you wood workers.
http://www.duffylondon.com/furniture/ta ... -wood-mini
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I installed a Lagun "style" table support. I say style because the one I bought is a Chinese knock-off. The original is made in Sweden and if you can locate one it sells for about $250. I purchased mine on line from Cascade Depot a few years ago for $69. Unfortunately it seems they're no longer available.

I used the top from a fold-up tray that I bought at a thrift store and attached it to the support arm.

Here's a link to a thread about the Lagun Cockpit Table:
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topi ... pit-table/

Photos of my install:

Last edited by tomzleapin on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN
96rsbowner

Post by 96rsbowner »

I like the looks of that, I might be able to construct something similar, thanks

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”