Finally! Another Born Free

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

richnwendy

Finally! Another Born Free

Post by richnwendy »

No BF sightings in 2700 beautiful miles through California, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Alberta, British Columbia, Washington, and now finally parked in next campsite is BF, Creekside Park in Sisters, Oregon. Nobody home, but we'll connect later. We had many, many inquiries about our BF along the way.
Happy trails. Rich, Wendy and Annie (lab)
2014 23' Freedom (2nd BF)
Re-starting retirement
jleebailey

Re: Finally! Another Born Free

Post by jleebailey »

Hard to find other BF's out there. We too were in Sisters Creekside CG about two weeks ago. We saw a Built for 2 BF come through, but they just used the dump and left so we didn't get to make contact. Would like to see what a built for 2 is like on the inside. We have a 2011 RSB 27' and on our last 1200 mile trip through northern CA and OR, that is the only one we saw.
2011 27rsb
whemme

Post by whemme »

I am attended the FMCA Midwest Area Rally (July 13 -16) in the Amana Colonies, IA. Along with my Born Free, there are 3 other Born Free coaches in attendance.

Not like our Born Free rallies, the hosts have not given us a list of attendees but I found out that 220 coaches are at this rally.
Last edited by whemme on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
David and Susan Bratt

Post by David and Susan Bratt »

We just went 4800 miles Minneapolis to Dallas and back and then Minneapolis to Cape Cod and back and didn't see another BF anywhere. But we did talk to three different German licensed campers.
Rover 2002 24ft RB

www.ourtravelswithrover.com
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

We are in Branson MO, we saw one at a different campground today, and another drove by towing a trailer with 4 wheelers on it .
2012 25' rb
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

On our way home from Colorado we saw one turning onto the interstate and Curt saw one on his way home from work one day. We always get excited about a BF sighting. It makes the road trip interesting looking for them...
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
troutman1971

Post by troutman1971 »

Just got back from South Dakota and saw 3 BFs on that trip
Mark

2003 26 RSB
wrbrewer

Post by wrbrewer »

We just returned home after a 12,300 mile drive to Alaska, we saw two BFs during our 60 plus days on the road
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

I'm on a 1200 mile trip from Iowa to New Hampshire. I've only seen one other Born Free... but interestingly, I've been stopped and interrogated by a dozen folks at rest stops along the way... three of them in 40-45' diesel pusher buses, and a couple of more in large class A's.
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
ebaron

Post by ebaron »

Just came from a trip to Cape Cod, and a new Born Free pulled into our campground. Hit the drag races in Ohio in August, and yep, another Born Free, this one much older, but still doing the job! At the Cape, two people asked about the Born Free and RVing, with lots of interest. One kept asking, 'any negatives?' I couldn't think of any with the Born Free,but warned her of some things she may run into with cheaper RVs. Well I thought of that 'any negatives' comment through our week of camping and it hit me. There is a negative! I'm missing a drink holder near the sofa! Has anyone solved that problem?
Ed
2008 27RSB
randallrae

Post by randallrae »

We are camped at Haworth park in Bellevue NE and saw another BF here from Idaho , but didn't get a chance to contact them.
2012 25' rb

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”