Cyclo Polisher

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

adndro

Cyclo Polisher

Post by adndro »

The Cyclo Polisher, however, makes a refreshing change. This is a polisher that will not only buff the surface of your car but can also remove swirls and scratches and leave it with a perfect mirror finish.
For years Cyclo polishers have earned a reputation for being durable and lasting. The new Cyclo Model 12A Pneumatic Polisher is no exception. Like all Cyclo Polisher, the Model 12A is ergonomically balanced and lighter than comparable tools. And, every polisher we manufacture is expertly machined and built by hand in the United States.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Ad alert! :lol:
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
jlef123

Post by jlef123 »

The harbor freight polishers look like a good deal. However, everything I've read and been warned of by professional detailers is it is very easy to burn through paint or a gel coat with a straight rotary polisher if you aren't careful and know what you are doing. They recommended using a random orbit polisher. I purchased a Porter Cable random orbit polisher from these folks http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html and am very satisfied with it. The Porter Cable is considerably more than the Harbor freight polishers but you can find random orbit polishers, such as Black and Decker, in that price range. I would rather spend a little more on a piece of equipment than have to go to the trouble of having to repair the gelcoat. I might try the wizard cleaning and polishing products in the future. I haven't found any wax or sealant yet that stands up very long to the South Florida sun and humidity. Right now I'm trying the Aerospace 303 protectant and we'll see if it holds up to their claims.
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

My detail guy uses the Porter Cable dual action orbital polishers.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
Mike Jean Bandfield

Post by Mike Jean Bandfield »

I love Harbor Freight! $35 vs $280+ for the Cyclo Polisher.

Yeah, HF sells a lot of inferior stuff (read crap) but you don't always need a Bosch, Porter Cable or Milwaukee and ain't it great to have a cheap alternative!

I had a HF 3/8" drill that I used to wire our entire new house and mix about 100 gallons of paint. The other day I was hacking thru a knot with a spade bit and the case cracked in half and the armature fell on the floor. It took me 3 years to beat that drill to death :P I laughed my a$$ off and then ordered a new Porter Cable drill and driver kit. Now that the house is nearly finished I can risk having a few really nice tools around.

Best $14 I ever spent.

Mike
Mike & Jean
2005 26' RSS Diesel
wrbrewer

Re: Cyclo Polisher

Post by wrbrewer »

I am interested in 303 Aerospace Protectant https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4TF32G/re ... FHI4&psc=1
for our 24 foot BF. Has anyone used this product and if so how did it work out for you?
stevek

Post by stevek »

I use the 303. Its OK. I only use it on the Roof and OH nose.
Mainly for the UV protection. And a little shine.
Since my BF is stored outside, I also use a "shower cap" cover.
On my 2011, the roof has weathered the most.

On the side of my BF I use a regular car wax.
I have heard not to use a "colored" wax. As the gel coat ages, it becomes pores, and will tend to yellow if you do....so they say?

There is also product like 303 called: Protect All. Its a little thicker. Works OK too. Same UV stuff inside.
More of a shine. I have used both.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 9.02.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 9.02.41 AM.png (118.61 KiB) Viewed 9723 times
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
Mary

Post by Mary »

stevek wrote: <snip>
Since my BF is stored outside, I also use a "shower cap" cover.
On my 2011, the roof has weathered the most. <snip>
May I ask if you could direct me to product information on the shower cap cover you mentioned?

Thank you.
stevek

Post by stevek »

I use a fabric car cover that fits cars up to 22 feet.
Got it off of eBay.
I can provide you a link, if you like?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.35.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.35.54 AM.png (119.36 KiB) Viewed 9447 times
Steve
CA/OR border
stevek

Post by stevek »

Homemade "shower cap" from a previous post I found using "search" here at the BF forum.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.44.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 9.44.26 AM.png (95.37 KiB) Viewed 9443 times
Steve
CA/OR border
Mary

Post by Mary »

stevek wrote:I use a fabric car cover that fits cars up to 22 feet.
Got it off of eBay.
I can provide you a link, if you like?
'Thank you so much' for your prompt reply. I should have caught the length. My coach is 26 ft long so this particular top won't work but I see now what you are referencing. I would love to have something that would just go over the top of the coach. Will have to do a bit more research to see what I can locate. My thanks again for the idea!

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”