Air Bag Brackets

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

liginbf

Air Bag Brackets

Post by liginbf »

Just want to pass this along to any one w/rear axle bottoming out. Found my upper and lower air bag brackets have been hitting together. There was about 1 inch of travel before they would make contact. The upper was bent about 1/2 inches up, lower almost cut clear through on edge behind mounting bolt. Found damage on both sides, passenger side worse. This is 1/4 inch plate steel not too easy to bend, so on any bad roads I had very limited suspension travel. Damage is on forward side of brackets, I repaired the brackets while on the coach and no more banging. I have a picture of the damage; look at rust area bent up on angle section of bracket. Hope this helps others w/similar problem.
Attachments
BF AB problem 1.jpg
BF AB problem 1.jpg (57.89 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”