E-450 Lubrication Points

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

whemme

E-450 Lubrication Points

Post by whemme »

Found the attached lubrication points diagram for the E-450 chassis on a Ford website. I assume it will work also for an E-350 chassis.
Attachments
e450_lubepoints_ls.jpg
e450_lubepoints_ls.jpg (42.02 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Hi to all....Wasn't able to Post since the new website changed, but with the help of our super wonderful Administrators who fixed the problem...it's now taken care of....So Happy, Healthy, Safe & Loving New Year to all of you!!!
Moving forward...Bill, I'm going to ask and it may sound dumb but....I have my BF maintained by a RV shop and sometimes at Camping World. So when they change the oil, etc. do they also lube the vehicle as you're describing should be done? Or am I supposed to specifically ask and perhaps bring this diagram with me when I'm having things done? Thanks in advance for your help!
whemme

Post by whemme »

CHARLOTTE,

I would certainly ask specifically if they do a chassis lubrication as part of their oil and filter change service. If they don't, I would ask them to do the chassis lube and you could provide them with this diagram although a good shop should already have it - although I lean not to trust anybody anymore on these things.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I really appreciate your response because I don't remember anyone specifically mentioning anything about this. As I am going down to the Quartzite Rally in Arizona in the next 2 weeks....I'm going to double check this out as I just had the oil etc. done. Have to tell you though, we've got high winds and heavy rains right now...some of the gusts are up to 60 miles an hour. A neighbors tree has broken and is laying across the fence and into my yard as the winds are really bad. I certainly won't drive my RV in this kind of weather so hope the weather front really moves on. I missed the Quartzite trip last year because of heavy storms, rain & landslides...hope that doesn't happen again this year. Really would like to see Jeff and Linda again...they're such terrific reps for BF in our area...Anyhow, thanks for the info. I will make sure this either has been done or I'll have it done before I leave.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”