Magellan RoadMate Pro 9165T for RVers

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Steve

Magellan RoadMate Pro 9165T for RVers

Post by Steve »

We just purchased the Magellan RoadMate Pro 9165T. This comes with the Good Sam Trailer Life Directory built in to the mapping program. We haven't road tested it yet but we've been checking out the features of this unit. It has Good Sam, private and public campgrounds listed. It has all of the Camping World locations. You can customize RV/Truck routes based on your vehicle length, width, weight and height (also towing). This unit also has a 7" screen and a very adjustable windshield mount (obviously designed for a truck) but mounted satisfactorily above the rear view mirror. We purchased this from Camping World with an online discount of 20% and received the unit within 7 days.
We are headed to the Oregon Rally and will give a road test report when we return.

http://www.magellangps.com/Products/All ... -Pro-9165T

Steve
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Steve,

On your trip please try your new GPS with Forest Service, Corp of Engineers, Bureau of Land Management, city and county campgrounds and see how complete and inclusive it is.

Thanks!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Steve

Post by Steve »

You get the same information as Trailer Life/Woodalls camping book. I checked where we are tonight in Salem,Or. and it does show forest service campgrounds.
It has some interesting features and I will report on them when we have tested more.
Steve
Hawkeye111

Prefer Garmin

Post by Hawkeye111 »

I will stick with my Garmin; I studied the Magellan unit thoroughly. Returned from 11,000 road trip from Key West to Alaska and give the Nuvi1490T a top grade.
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

This company has excellent apps for RVer's.

http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/campgrounds.htm

Steve
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Steve,

What do you think of your Magellan GPS after having it for a few months? I would love to see your report.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Just bought Garmin dezl 560 LMT...I too did my homework on which GPS to buy. I was so very satisfied with my Streetpilot 2620...but current maps are no longer available & my last update is 2008...so I thought I'd update. Bought it through Amazon...got a fair price (I think)...was not happy however when I tried to use it indoors. Was going to send it back but decided to talk to Garmin first as their customer service is so terrific. Well, it didn't take long for the gal to tell me that the reason I was having trouble was because it was in 'Demo' mode....after we deleted that she took the time to go over how it works & we put all my info in it...heighth, width, weight, length, etc. Then she helped me program my coming trip & told me how to access some of the finer apps.....I was on the phone with her for at least (probably more) an hour...No rush, answered all my questions, directed me to much of what this model does. I am completely satisfied & would absolutely buy it again. She told me that usually they are sent out without the Demo mode, but I just happened to get one that had it...once that was removed, everything kind of fell into place... I am satisfied. I will post about my experience after I'm on the road.... 8)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”