Homecoming

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

Homecoming

Post by harrisgowing »

Hope all of you in Humboldt have a wonderful time and we sure wish we could be there. Also hope some kind soul will post a picture or two of the gathering and the new units! We are anxious to hear all of the news at the Door County rally next week.

Judy Harris
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
dowellcj

Re: Homecoming

Post by dowellcj »

Judy,
Lots of folks are here that have said they are going to Door County, and can fill you in. Scott and Ed will be there to cook for you all too.
But, in the meantime, Caroline has already posted some pictures of the rally on the main Born Free web site, so you can see them there.
Great turn out this year, and it seems like things are going well for Born Free under the new owners.
There's always next year!
Caryl
Caryl & Tom Dowell
Sequim, WA
2015 Splendor (27 RSB)
Prior coach 2008 24RB
whemme

Post by whemme »

I talked to Jeff Butler, the new CEO of Born Free Motorcoach and he indicated that they had 127 coach reservations for their Homecoming Rally and that 120 coaches had signed in as of today.

Below is a photo of the Thursday morning breakfast crowd. Below are photos of two 2016 year model motor coaches that were on display. A 2016 Imperial with dual slides and an outside entertainment center on a Ford F550 chassis and a 2016 Splendor on a Ford E450 chassis.
Attachments
Thursday Morning Breakfast Crowd.JPG
Thursday Morning Breakfast Crowd.JPG (104.92 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
2016 Splendor Photo 1.JPG
2016 Splendor Photo 1.JPG (103.87 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
2016 Splendor Photo 2.JPG
2016 Splendor Photo 2.JPG (105.02 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
2016 Imperial Photo 1.JPG
2016 Imperial Photo 1.JPG (96.08 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
2016 Imperial Photo 2.JPG
2016 Imperial Photo 2.JPG (102.6 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
harrisgowing

Post by harrisgowing »

Wow, thanks, Bill! I also enjoyed the pictures of folks on the website. Have fun!
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
CuJo's Pride

Post by CuJo's Pride »

This was our first Born Free Rally and it was a great time. We met some of the nicest people ever. Curt helped me set up on Saturday and left on Sunday. We stayed at Joe Sheldon and it was a great place. I want to thank Charlotte and Eric for all your useful suggestions, I got the fish line and weights Charlotte so I will be making my project soon also thank you so much for the ride home from the rally on the first day. Ray H for giving Moxie and I a ride to the rally on the first day, you guys were life savers until Curt got there. Ray, thanks so much for the couch table, it's going to come in very handy we've used it already! Betty and David were so helpful, thanks for taking walks with Moxie and myself Betty I enjoyed your company so much as well as the walks Moxie and I took with Robert, I enjoyed our visits Robert. Jan and Jack it was so nice having you right next door and I learned a lot from you as well. Curt has a few projects to do because of you Jack!! Pam, it we great hanging around you. You are an amazing lady. Perry and Carol you play some mean baseball bean bags, we had 2 other members and I sincerely apologize for not catching your names but our team of 6 rocked those bean bags !! Tom and Carol it was nice playing golf with you, Jeff and Susie. We had a pretty tough 4 some (we gave it our best effort anyway and but can I drive a golf cart, they did frown on going off-road with the carts, bummer). It was a pleasure and joy meeting all of you and truly consider you our new friends and look forward to seeing you again. I've come to the decision people who own Born Free's are very special people. Safe travels to Door County of wherever your Born Free leads you and I know we'll see you again wherever but let's hope the road leads to the 2016 Homecoming Rally in Humboldt..

Thanks again.

Jo
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”