Charger/Converter Power Panel Access Door Repair.

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

wrbrewer

Charger/Converter Power Panel Access Door Repair.

Post by wrbrewer »

Thanks for the tutorial on how to attach photos. Attached are the following photos Super Magnets package, magnets installed and the steel screw and washer.

I replaced the OEM Magnetek 45 Amp converter, with the Leap'n Lions club recommended Progressive Dynamics PD4645 Charger/Converter.
Unfortunately during installation the lock that holds the access door closed broke.

I fixed the issue with magnets. Went to Home Depot and purchased a three pack of Super Magnets. The three magnets fit perfectly behind the access door latch. I installed a door knob using a steel machine screw and washer.

Note the screw must be made from steel for the magnet to work

Problem solved for less than $5.00 and it works. We drove the Alaska Highway, and just about every other paved road in Alaska, the Yukon, and Alberta and a few unpaved roads too. We drove over 12,000 mile and the door stay closed during the entire trip.
Attachments
Optimized-Steel door knob screw.JPG
Optimized-Steel door knob screw.JPG (240.2 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Optimized-Magnets behind the fuze panel door stop.JPG
Optimized-Magnets behind the fuze panel door stop.JPG (159.95 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Optimized-super Magnets.JPG
Optimized-super Magnets.JPG (176.38 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Last edited by wrbrewer on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whemme

Re: Charger/Converter Power Panel Access Door Repair.

Post by whemme »

wrbrewer,

You can easily resize your photos down to a maximum width of 720 pixels by using one of the top two photo resizing programs listed in the forum section titled Photo Posting Rules & Hints.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Re: Charger/Converter Power Panel Access Door Repair.

Post by John S. »

HI, nice job, I too am in Winchester....
2015 Royal Splendor on Ford 550 none slide version
Former owner 2007 24foot rear bath painted and 2006 22 foot built for two
Former owner 1994 34 foot 2000 36 foot and 2001 42 foot FORETRAVEL's.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”