Wireless Backup Camera

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Larry Nordby

Wireless Backup Camera

Post by Larry Nordby »

I just acquired an inexpensive, color, wireless backup camera. While waking through Wal Mart I saw myself on the screen and I was impressed enough to buy it. Clarification, I don't mean that I was impressed with me-as I'm still trying to humble-I thought the picture quality was pretty good. I'll give an update after intallation and use.

Does anyone else have a unit similar to the above?
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

I bought mine from Walmart.com. If you can, I would return it. That was the worst $100 I spent!

First, the camera is NOT waterproof! Yup, my camera is now FILLLED with rain water. Stupid, huh? No, there is no way of drying it out either.

Before it was filled with water, it worked ok, but there was a lot of interference in the wireless signal. I intalled it in my truck, so the distance is minimal.

I would have returned mine, but since I had to do some cutomizing to install it, I can no longer do so.

Buyer BEWARE!
Larry Nordby

Camera

Post by Larry Nordby »

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it's back to Wal Mart.

Another good reason for the forum!!!

Larry
BornFree_n_Now

Post by BornFree_n_Now »

Have had our X10 wireless camera on rotating mount installed on our coach for the past 3 years ~~ one night last year we had 6 inches of rain in one night while on the Oregon coast ~~ no problems with camera ~~ still works fine :D
Larry & Sharon
2002 26' RSB
Suzuki X90 4x4 Toad
sheltonbenjamin

Post by sheltonbenjamin »

The very least I'd even think about going with is something with a relatively good lens, good manual controls, and controllable audio inputs. I've thought about using, for example, something like a Canon HV40 as a second or backup camera on paid gigs, but that's as low as I'd even consider going. Even then, I take my HV30 along as a "use in an emergency only!" backup on paid shoots I use my DVX100B on.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”