One Liners

Only funny & clean jokes are permitted to be posted here. If a joke is determined to be too risque or otherwise inappropriate in the opinion of the Website Administrator, the joke will be deleted!
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

One of my favorite one-liners was from a 1970s People Express Airline commercial. They were one of the first cut-rate airlines, and one way they kept cost down was to not serve meals. They used Henny Youngman in their commercials, and he would just use several one-liners in them. One was:

The other day on an airplane, I had food fit for a king. Here, King, here King.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
CuJo's Pride

Tonto?

Post by CuJo's Pride »

shilohdad wrote:What we say about our youngest dog, Tonto, who ain't too bright:

"Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier"

"Not the sharpest knife in the drawer"

And, no, my avatar is NOT Tonto. That's Shiloh, who is rather bright.
Check out the Spanish translation for Tonto......
Curt and Jo
Our Springer Spaniels - Betsy and Moxie
Member of The Born Free Leap'n Lions
"BeMo" is our 2004 26'RB
Trex 27 Speed Tandem Bicycle
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

Curt and Jo,

Yeah, we know the translation. Lucinda's niece, who spent 18 months in Chile, called us, almost in tears. "Why did you name your dog Stupid?" At the time, we had not realized that, but in retrospect, it is a good name for him.

Actually, it doesn't quite mean stupid. One of the techs at our vet is Argentinian. As he said, tonto means something more like dumb, or silly. I suggested dopey, and he liked that. He said if you called someone estupido, you had better have something in your hand to back it up!

Actually, Lucinda wanted to call him Zorro, as he has a mask and sort of a cape-like coloration on his back. I didn't really like Zorro, but I was sitting on the floor with him, and said to him, "Who was that masked man? That was the Lone Ranger, my son." I then blurted out, "Tonto," and that became his name.

Also, when the Lone Ranger is syndicated in Spanish-speaking countries, they change the sidekick's name to either Toro or Ponto.

I have attached a photo of Tonto for your enjoyment.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.35 KiB) Viewed 3777 times
Joe and Lucinda
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

And here is why I get so upset when Tonto calls me Kemosabe (courtesy of Gary Larson and The Far Side).
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (79.18 KiB) Viewed 3772 times
Joe and Lucinda
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB

Return to “Jokes”