Train Travel

Only funny & clean jokes are permitted to be posted here. If a joke is determined to be too risque or otherwise inappropriate in the opinion of the Website Administrator, the joke will be deleted!
Dallas Baillio

Train Travel

Post by Dallas Baillio »

Some of you may remember Roy Rogers, a cowboy movie star who was popular in the 1940’s and 50’s. On his way br train from Chicago to Chattanooga, Tennessee to make a personal appearance at the premier of one of his movies, he had with him a new pair of cowboy boots. He was not wearing them, but had them by his seat on the floor.. Somehow a cat had boarded the train along the route. The conductor and other train employees were desperately trying to catch it. Once in the car with Roy Rogers the cat grabbed Roy’s new boots and ran to another passenger car. The conductor took off in hot pursuit after the cat. After about an hour, the conductor returned to Roy Roger’s seat with the cat in hand and said, “Pardon me Roy in this the cat that chewed your new shoes?”
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Dallas Baillio

Re: Train Travel

Post by Dallas Baillio »

If you are younger than me you may not “get” the above pun.

Here is a link that will explain:

https://genius.com/Glenn-miller-chattan ... hoo-lyrics

However there is a dark side to all of this. The word “boy” at the time these lyrics were written in 1941 was a derogatory term for a black male of any age, even elderly men. It was one of many ways white men (and women sometimes) expressed superiority to blacks. I often heard it used growing up in the late 40’s and 50’s.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “Jokes”