22" LCD TV Installation in 01 BF 26' RSB w/ Cabover Bed

This forum is for Born Free owners to detail modifications that they have made to their coach that might be of interest to other owners. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
bfadmin
Site Admin

22" LCD TV Installation in 01 BF 26' RSB w/ Cabover Bed

Post by bfadmin »

Here are photos of the steps in my installation process to install a 22" 12 VDC Skyworth LCD TV in my 2001 Born Free 26' RSB with Cabover Bed

Photo-1: Open cabinet area after the old CRT TV and the supporting wood base were removed.

Photo-2: 1/2 inch laminate backing screwed to wall from inside.

Photo-3: Fill-in 3/4 inch laminate attached to backing wood from inside the cabinet.

Photo-4: 1/2 inch oak laminate with quarter round. I could not quite match the existing stain. The mount is a simple tilt-only inexpensive Sanus model VST15 purchased online. Tilt-only works fine for seating that is comfortable for viewing or viewing from the cabover. In my BF I really don't think you can position the TV for good viewing from all seating. If every seat were occupied (3 on couch and two in chairs and kids in the cabover) someone would have a lousy dim view) 1 and 1/2 inch brass screws with brass washers were used to attach this piece to the wall.

Photo-5: TV in place. The TV is 3 inches deep. With the mount and the wooden base it protrudes from the wall 5 1/2 inches at the top and 4 inches at the bottom.. I was concerned it might obstruct entry and exit from the coach, but its placement doesn't seem to be a problem.

Dallas Baillio
2001 BF RSB
Email: djbaillio@earthlink.net

NOTE: If you have any questions, please contact the author directly by clicking on the email address provided above rather than clicking on the blue email button at the bottom of this post. The info above was posted for the author by the Website Administrator (bfadmin-2) and clicking on the blue email button below will address your email message to the bfadmin-2 rather than to the author.
Attachments
1/2 inch oak laminate with quarter round. I could not quite match the existing stain. The mount is a simple tilt-only inexpensive Sanus model VST15 purchased online. Tilt-only works fine for seating that is comfortable for viewing from the cabover
1/2 inch oak laminate with quarter round. I could not quite match the existing stain. The mount is a simple tilt-only inexpensive Sanus model VST15 purchased online. Tilt-only works fine for seating that is comfortable for viewing from the cabover
Photo-4.jpg (101.54 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
Fill-in 3/4 inch laminate attached to backing wood from inside the cabinet.
Fill-in 3/4 inch laminate attached to backing wood from inside the cabinet.
Photo-3.jpg (76.93 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
1/2 inch laminate backing screwed to wall from inside
1/2 inch laminate backing screwed to wall from inside
Photo-2.jpg (71.7 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
Open cabinet area after the old CRT TV and the supporting wood base were removed
Open cabinet area after the old CRT TV and the supporting wood base were removed
Photo-1.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 8477 times
TV in place. The TV is 3" deep. With the mount and the wooden base it protrudes from the wall 5 1/2" at the top & 4 inches at the bottom. I was concerned it might obstruct entry/exit from the coach, but its placement doesn't seem to be a pro
TV in place. The TV is 3" deep. With the mount and the wooden base it protrudes from the wall 5 1/2" at the top & 4 inches at the bottom. I was concerned it might obstruct entry/exit from the coach, but its placement doesn't seem to be a pro
Photo-5.jpg (102.44 KiB) Viewed 8479 times
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org

Return to “Coach Modifications”