Flexsteel Swivel Chairs Seat Height Too Low?

This forum is for Born Free owners to detail modifications that they have made to their coach that might be of interest to other owners. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
whemme

Flexsteel Swivel Chairs Seat Height Too Low?

Post by whemme »

Flexsteel has modification parts available to raise the seating height of their swivel chairs by approximately 2".

Call Customer Service Manager Kim Olson at the Born Free factory about this modification. I purchased the parts from Kim to modifiy both seats for only $21.40 and did the installation myself. Highly recommend this seat modification if you are like me, when we get older, it seems hard to rise out of seats that are too low.

This seat when raised 2" is much more comfortable in my opinion.

Only two tools are needed to install this modification. One 7/16" socket wrench and one 7/16" open end or box end wrench will be required.

I should point out that if you attempt the installation of this height modification kit yourself, you will find that the instructions that come with the kit do not apply to the particular seats in your Born Free even though the parts supplied will fit and work OK. For example, the chair is attached to the bottom mounting frame with 5 bolts and nuts, but with the 2" riser installed, the riser will be attached to that bottom mounting frame with only 4 of the 5 nuts and bolts. You will need to figure out on your own how to install the kit parts by visual examination of the underside seat mounting frame area. If you have problems or have questions concerning this, contact Kim at the factory or me by clicking on the blue email button below and provide a phone number that I can contact you at.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “Coach Modifications”