Holding tanks replacement and plumbing HELP PLEASE!

Use this unlocked forum to ask questions of the author, answer questions or make comments about any of the above Coach Modification and/or Technical Library topics. Any posts made here that are not relative to those two topics may be deleted by the bfadmin.

Moderator: bfadmin

W3BY

Holding tanks replacement and plumbing HELP PLEASE!

Post by W3BY »

I just purchased a 1998 BF 24' RB with out a gray water holding tank nor any connecting plumbing to Black water tank. I've read the owners manual but it does not give any type of assembly instructions. I would like to do this work myself and I have the following Questions.

1) Where to find a new Gray water tank?
2) How is this tank held in place?
3) What type of hoses/connections do I need?

I have NEVER owned or operated a Motorcoach before, this is my FIRST attempt at any kind of RVing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by W3BY on Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W3BY

Asking again.... updated info.

Post by W3BY »

I called Kim at BF today and was told all tanks were not the same and that I had an odd year motorcoach where they changed designs . Anyone out there with a 1997-2000 who could snap a photo of the grey water tank and holding strap/brackets and post it here...... would be greatly appreciated.

I feel comfortable ordering a tank to fit the area, I just need to have a few ideas to mount it.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Would help you Bill if I could, but I have a '99 RSB model & your model is different. Hope someone responds for you... good luck !
W3BY

Still no ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by W3BY »

I am still puzzled by the fact that 65+ people viewed my post and no one sent a picture. All I ask for is a photo of the gray water tank mounting setup for a 1999. I would think a 2000, 2001 or any of the years just prior would be similar. I have nothing to go on and next week I plan on trying to order a tank to fit up in the space available. Charlotte.... I would also think a RSB might have a similar setup. My tank was on the drivers side rear and it is gone! I only have a black water tank, no plumbing either. I need to replace it all and would like some ideas.

I found several vendors for tanks, once I get an idea of shape/dimensions and Kim told me good plumbing techniques so I just would like to see a few photos first.

HELP please.
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Can't supply you with a picture as my unit is stored right now. Sorry. You might try to P.M. Bill Hemme......
al1florida

Post by al1florida »

There is no plumbing for the black water tank. The toilet mounts on the floor inside the RV and drops straight into the tank. There is a pipe or hole which should be obvious which comes out of lower side of the tank and goes to your dump valve.

Here is a link to pics of the gray & black water tanks on a 2005 26' RSB:
http://s829.photobucket.com/user/al1flo ... BF%20Tanks
W3BY

Post by W3BY »

al1florida wrote:There is no plumbing for the black water tank. The toilet mounts on the floor inside the RV and drops straight into the tank. There is a pipe or hole which should be obvious which comes out of lower side of the tank and goes to your dump valve.

Here is a link to pics of the gray & black water tanks on a 2005 26' RSB:
http://s829.photobucket.com/user/al1flo ... BF%20Tanks

Thank you. These may not be exactly like the original set up on my bf but they helped me a lot. Much appreciated.
W3BY

Project started

Post by W3BY »

I finally got my stuff together today and ordered piping, elbows and ABS Cement. I received my gray water tank in the mail today and it looks small, guess that is better than too big. I will pick up my parts by the weekend and I hope to start layout and assembly early next week. I do have to still purchase the dump valve and y-fitting. thanks all for following me along this project.
W3BY

Pictures

Post by W3BY »

CHARLOTTE wrote:Can't supply you with a picture as my unit is stored right now. Sorry. You might try to P.M. Bill Hemme......
I didn't contact Bill Hemme but I did get some pictures of a unit, not exactly like mine but similar enough to give me a start. i have never before worked on DWV (drainage, waste, vent) but stuff flows down hill.

I hope I get it right.

Return to “Coach Modification & Technical Library Questions & Comments”