Thermostat will not turn off

Use this unlocked forum to ask questions of the author, answer questions or make comments about any of the above Coach Modification and/or Technical Library topics. Any posts made here that are not relative to those two topics may be deleted by the bfadmin.

Moderator: bfadmin

CowtownCamper

Thermostat will not turn off

Post by CowtownCamper »

My 2000 24RB thermostat for the propane heating system will not switch off. The temperature setting is set to lowest and the switch is pushed a far as possilbe toward the left (toward the off arrow) but the heater still comes on when the interior temperature is cooler than 45 degrees. When the RV is parked in my driveway and connected to shore power I use a small electric space heater for freeze protection. I do not want to consume my propane supply when the RV is not in use and I don't want to pull the fuse to prevent the heater from running when the RV is in storage.

Does anyone know how to repair the thermostat switch or suggest a replacement thermostat model?
Thanks.
Kevin Mason

Re: Thermostat will not turn off

Post by Kevin Mason »

When you turn your thermostat off to the left, to turn off completely need to pull the lever you slide toward the left towards you and it will go more to the left. Just sliding all the way to the left will not turn it off. Hope this helps

Kevin and Erlinda
26RB
CowtownCamper

Re: Thermostat will not turn off

Post by CowtownCamper »

Thank You! By removing the cover, it was obvious that I was not pushing hard enough to lift the contact and place the switch in theoff position.
I just needed to be a bit more agressive with the switch until it had a positive click.
A simple push until it clicked was all it needed.
Attachments
Stat_cover_on.JPG
Stat_cover_on.JPG (32.09 KiB) Viewed 10169 times
Stat_cover_off.JPG
Stat_cover_off.JPG (49.26 KiB) Viewed 10169 times

Return to “Coach Modification & Technical Library Questions & Comments”