Gas strut helps overhead medicine cabinet door stay open

Use this unlocked forum to ask questions of the author, answer questions or make comments about any of the above Coach Modification and/or Technical Library topics. Any posts made here that are not relative to those two topics may be deleted by the bfadmin.

Moderator: bfadmin

wrbrewer

Gas strut helps overhead medicine cabinet door stay open

Post by wrbrewer »

Gas strut helps overhead medicine cabinet door stay open http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... ne+cabinet

Based on the, currently locked, article referenced above I purchased two of the recommended Attwood struts. I installed one strut on our 2001 24 foot rear bath medicine cabinet. The 40 pounds of holding power keeps the cabinet door open.

I assume that the author installed some type of concealed lock to hold the cabinet door closed when not in use. However, I doubt that the standard SOUTHCO BLACK CABINET LATCH would keep the door with 40 pounds of pressure pushing on it closed. HTTP://WWW.BORNFREERV.COM/STORE/SOUTHCO ... TEGORY=ALL.

I do not want to install an exposed lock (ugly) to keep the door closed. I would appreciate hearing from others that have successfully completed this modification.

Return to “Coach Modification & Technical Library Questions & Comments”