Broken Stainless steel valve stem extender brackets

Use this unlocked forum to ask questions of the author, answer questions or make comments about any of the above Coach Modification and/or Technical Library topics. Any posts made here that are not relative to those two topics may be deleted by the bfadmin.

Moderator: bfadmin

wrbrewer

Broken Stainless steel valve stem extender brackets

Post by wrbrewer »

While driving the in Alaska Highway last summer one of rear dual wheel Stainless steel valve stem extender brackets broke. I used duct tape to secure the valve extension to the hub until I could find a replacement mount.

We stopped at tire shops along the highway in Alaska and Canada, but none carried the mount.

When we returned home I contacted Born Free, they have the extension kits for almost $100.

We continued to look for a source on line. After a lengthy search we found mounts at Phoenix USA. I contacted Julie Land, Customer Service Manager, Phoenix USA, Inc., 931-526-6128 ext. 2289, jland@phoenixusa.com and she told me that their VBK-L mount would work, see. http://www.phoenixusa.com/p-11142-vbk-l.aspx.

I ordered 4 mounts, we are keeping three spares in our BF as we plan to drive the Alaska Highway again this summer.

I installed the $5.44 mount and it is a perfect match.

Bill
bcope01

Re: Broken Stainless steel valve stem extender brackets

Post by bcope01 »

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “Coach Modification & Technical Library Questions & Comments”