Seeking Guidance ? Travelling to California ...

Use this unlocked forum to ask questions of the author, answer questions or make comments about any of the above Coach Modification and/or Technical Library topics. Any posts made here that are not relative to those two topics may be deleted by the bfadmin.

Moderator: bfadmin

Escape

Seeking Guidance ? Travelling to California ...

Post by Escape »

We are planning a cross country journey from Virginia to California - leaving in late August ... We'll go to Michigan, Wisconsin & Denver to visit friends and family ... and ultimately end up in Huntington Beach, CA to visit my sister for a week. Here's my question - she lives in a nice condo community ... that doesn't allow RV's to park in the neighborhood. Our plan is to stay with her for a week. OK ... my question - what to do with the Born Free BFT (22 ft) while we're there. I know many of you travel much more than we do ... so ... do you find an RV Park and rent a space for a week and keep the RV hooked up to electricity, -or- do you find a storage area and leave it there for the week ?? Inquiring minds seeking your knowledge. FYI ... when we leave California ... we'll head to the ABQ Balloon Festival. thanks in advance.
Steve & Sally
2008 Born Free BFT Cabover
stevek

Re: Seeking Guidance ? Travelling to California ...

Post by stevek »

If it was me, I would go to the Home Owners Associations President and ask.
Tell them you are traveling such a long way and your Motorhome is very short and can park just about where a large car can park.
Tell him/ her all you need is an out of way place to park for a week while you visit.
Tell them no power hook up. No sleeping.
If they say no. Tell them you are willing to donate money to the association.
Its probably going to cost you $50 min a day to park somewhere else.
Not unless you can find a nearby Walmart parking lot.
Or rent a room at the nearest Motel 6 and park it there. I have done this before when it was cheaper to say at a Motel 6, than an RV park.
Just my 2 cents :D
Good Luck.
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
brosky

Re: Seeking Guidance ? Travelling to California ...

Post by brosky »

There are no RV parks near Huntington Beach

Return to “Coach Modification & Technical Library Questions & Comments”