Winterizing your Born Free with Pink RV Antifreeze

This forum is for Born Free owners to provide information of a technical nature about their coach that might be of interest to other owners. This includes posting copies of Born Free coach owner's manuals. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
whemme

Winterizing your Born Free with Pink RV Antifreeze

Post by whemme »

I personally like to use RV antifreeze to winterize my Born Free and have done it that way for the 8 years since I have owned it. My coach came equipped with a winterization hose made up of a 3' length of 1/2" surgical tubing with a right angle connector on one end to hook up to the input port on the water pump.

See the two attached photos below.

a) Drain the hot water heater and then place the associated 3 valves in the bypass position.
b) Then turn on the water pump and open each hot and cold faucet and each floor drain one at a time until the pink antifreeze flows out. Make sure that the water traps in all sinks get antifreeze in them. Run both hot & cold faucets in the shower and also the outside shower hose if you coach is so equipped.
c) Don't forget the toilet rinse hose valve also.
d) I can winterize my Born Free with 1-1/2 gallons of RV antifreeze
Attachments
View of Fresh Water Tank Hose Disconnected from Water Pump Input and Winterization Hose Connected.jpg
View of Fresh Water Tank Hose Disconnected from Water Pump Input and Winterization Hose Connected.jpg (208.55 KiB) Viewed 5218 times
RV  Antifreeze and Winterization Hose Surgical Tubing.jpg
RV Antifreeze and Winterization Hose Surgical Tubing.jpg (468.85 KiB) Viewed 5218 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “Technical Library”