Winegard Batwing vs Jack TV antenna

This forum is for Born Free owners to provide information of a technical nature about their coach that might be of interest to other owners. This includes posting copies of Born Free coach owner's manuals. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
stevek

Winegard Batwing vs Jack TV antenna

Post by stevek »

I found this, and thought it may be of some interest to all of you regarding testing these 2 antennas.
Way over my head tech wise. But some you techies might appreciate.
Bottom line, the author found in favor of the Winegard Batwing.
http://forums.woodalls.com/Index.cfm/fu ... page/1.cfm

Comments please..
Thanks..
Steve
2011 Born Free 22 foot RSK, rear side (corner) kitchen, E350, 29k miles.
Our first motorhome. Lots to learn. Thanks.
CA/OR border
lafons

Post by lafons »

I'd agree,I'm not to fond of my Jack after using it a couple of years now. :roll:
Steve,2001 26rsb
East tennessee
tomzleapin

Post by tomzleapin »

I have both a Jack and a Winegard Sensar with the Wingman attachment. Overall, the Winegard surpassed the Jack.

Most TV stations today broadcast using the UHF channels (14 through 51), but there are a few that broadcast on Hi-VHF (7 - 13) and a very few broadcast on Lo-VHF (2 - 6). These channels are the RF channels, not to be confused with the channel number displayed on your TV set which is the virtual channel number. If you go a web site like http://www.antennapoint.com/ and search for TV transmitters, it will list both the RF channels and Virtual channels.

The Jack and Winegard with Wingman perform about the same for UHF channels, but the Winegard does much better for VHF.
Tom
2005 24' RB
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
New Hope, MN

Return to “Technical Library”