Hidden Generator Circuit Breaker

This forum is for Born Free owners to provide information of a technical nature about their coach that might be of interest to other owners. This includes posting copies of Born Free coach owner's manuals. Since this is a locked forum, submissions must be made to and approved by the forum administrator (email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org).
whemme

Hidden Generator Circuit Breaker

Post by whemme »

If you find that when starting your generator that the AC powered appliances in your coach won't power up after approximatley 30 seconds then you need to check some circuit breakers.

1) The 1st breaker to check is the 30-amp breaker on the generator itself. On the Onan 4 KW generator, that breaker is located on the upper right side. I think it is open when the lever is towards you. Push the lever towards the coach to reset it and turn it back on. I am not familiar with the location of this breaker on the Generac generators, but they do have one.

2) If that does not fix the problem, the 2nd breaker to check is the 30-amp main AC power input breaker located in our Parallax power center generally located somewhere inside the coach in the bathroom sink area. Flip down the top brown lid and reset the 30-amp breaker located in the row of resettable breakers on the left side.

3) If that does not fix the problem, then there is a 3rd hidden breaker located in some (but not all) Born Free coaches. My 2002 BF 26' RSB coach has a hidden breaker located under the kitchen sinks on a carpeted wall under the front end of the fresh water tank. You do have to open up the cabinet doors under the sinks, get down on your knees with your head close to the floor, and look up to see it. The breaker has a red reset button.

Attached below are two photos of this breaker in my coach. If you have this breaker in your coach, that might be the problem if resetting the 1st two breakers does not fix the problem. However, the location of the breaker varies by model and not all models were equipped with it.
Attachments
Hidden Circuit Breaker Box.jpg
Hidden Circuit Breaker Box.jpg (241.9 KiB) Viewed 5933 times
Hidden Breaker Reset Button.jpg
Hidden Breaker Reset Button.jpg (245.25 KiB) Viewed 5933 times
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad

Return to “Technical Library”