Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club

This forum is for Born Free Owners and those interested in owning a Born Free.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:12 am 

Has anyone stayed at this park? I am a minority owner, and would appreciate comments, pro or con.

The park is located at Exit 847 on I-10. Features include all pull-through sites, 20-30-50 amp electric at every site, free wi-fi, free continental breafast (including Texas shaped waffles), private bathrooms, free satallite TV connections at each site.

Most frequent complaints I hear are no trees. What do you expect from an RV park in a former rice patty? We have planted some, but they take time to grow.

The streets and pads are concrete, but the ground can be muddy, even though covered with grass. We call the soil, black gumbo. It grows rice well.

email: hospitality@gulfcoastrvresort.com
reservations phone: 1-866-410-7801
information phone: 1-409-842-2285

My e mail: wmewrght A T hal-pc.org

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:37 pm 

Someone else pointed this nout to me, but I checked and it worked on my computer. Try this link http://www.gulfcoastrvresort.net

The park has a Passport America rate of $17.50 per night or two nights. An advance reservation is necessary to receive the PA rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:12 pm 

I couldn't get the links to work either Bill, but I'm heading west on I-10 this week; if the timing is right I plan on staying a night.

thanks
Brent

Post subject: Beaumont,TX RV park
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:28 am 

Hey Brent, I stayed there 12/07 and wrote a good review in
http://www.rvparkreviews.com a great website that I swear by for traveling. I liked the park a lot, stayed an extra day when bad weather came in. Wished the cable tv had worked. The staff was friendly and it was a good deal on the Passport America rate, the main reason I chose this park. Another Born Free came in too, and the park had a lot of business, as I recall. Seems like you are doing a good job, though I hope I never have to go thru Beaumont or Houston again, no offense. Was driving from Florida to Arizona. Would rather stay out West! I'm in Oregon now, a real RV-friendly state. Just a tad wet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:24 am 

Here is the link:

http://www.gulfcoastrvresort.com/

The 1st post had a . (period) after the .com
The 2nd post - typo in resort "restort"

We stayed at this park Jan. '07 using Passport America. It was only an overnight stop and we enjoyed it very much after we finally got checked in, and your right it could use more trees. Glad to hear they're growing (fast grow, I hope).

One issue we had was that check-in was very crowded and the wait time was a little too long even though we had reservations using P.A. When we finally got to our site it was still occupied by the previous tenant, who was supposed to be long gone as it was well after check-out time. We had to go back to the office, and you guessed it, wait in line AGAIN. We were then assigned to the site next to our original one. The young fellow (mid twentyish) who was still in our original site took his good old time packing up. He had a dog pen set up outsite his rig, that he had to dis-assemble. When he finally left he forgot to take his dog's droppings with him, which necessitated some tip toeing through the tulips on my part while hooking and unhooking.

Suggestion:
You may want to look into some type of system to determine which sites are "cleared" for occupancy. A site number card drop for exiting RV's might help, then a quick "eyeball" check by someone in a golf cart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:34 am 

One other suggestion to add to my previous post:
Have a "station" set up where guests with reservations can pick up their check-in "packet", they then can go to their site and get settled in, then come back at a less crowded time to take care of the particulars.