Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club

This forum is for Born Free Owners and those interested in owning a Born Free.
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monterey, CA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:24 am 
My Grandson was playing in a band at the Monterey Jazz Festival over this past weekend. Not wanting to pay the super expensive hotel costs, I decided to take my RV. There isn't very much available in Monterey that is close to the Wharf/Convention Center area. However, the Monterey Fairgrounds does offer RV parking. It costs $35.00 per night and offers all hook-ups. It has bathrooms & showers available. However, this is a parking lot that has been set up as a place to park RV's...not a 'regular' campground. For those that have a 'toad' it would be fine as driving from there to the Wharf is a short distance. However, the reason I'm posting this is there is also an RV campground on the other side of the golf course area near where I was. We checked it out because it was a lovely area. The Camp Host was very nice, but advised me that this campground was for Military persons/families only. (There is a Navy installation close by). I thought that was really super as it appears there aren't many 'perks' for servicemen/women any more. So for those of you in that category be aware that there's a lovely campground available to you. Oh yeah!...Each campground Host said, they are usually full and reservations are required.
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:08 pm 

on Hwy 68 just west of Monterey , the county has RV parking at the Laguna Seca race tract -- we have used this park several times -- Bob Newby