Campfire foil dinners

Post your favorite food recipes in this forum
Forum rules
This forum is a place for you to post your favorite food recipes of your own making that you think would be of interest to other Born Free motorcoach owners.

You must not post a recipe that has been copyrighted or published by someone else unless you first obtain permission from that person or company.
Trisha

Campfire foil dinners

Post by Trisha »

This one is probably an old favorite for campers.

You need those foil cooking pouches (or you can make them yourself out of heavy duty foil if you want, by just folding over the edges many times so they don't leak.)

Inside, I usually put:

Canned sliced new potatos
canned peas (with some of the juice--a ouple of tablespoons...don't measure)
Some shallots or green onions (topped)
chop some of the green onion tops and add them
either ground beef, beef tips, chopped steak, even chicken or whatever
salt & pepper
seasonings you like (remember you already did onions if you like those). I like vegetable magic with peas, or other spice combinations...you pack what you like.

add anythign else that sounds good, and won't take too long to cook over coals, (about as long as the meat--which is why I used the canned, not raw veggies)

seal up the pouch and place directly over good coals in the campfire. (Not flame).

As you can see, it's quite flexible. You put what you want. Cook for, say, 10 to 15 minutes, turn over a few times, when you hear the meat sizzling a bit, you know it's done.

Take out and open up on a dish with good sides on it.
Enjoy.

No pots, pans and mostly no real work. Everything can be tossed, if you use paper plates and plastic silverware.

Trish

Return to “My Favorite Recipes”