Couscous Salad - Very Easy

Post your favorite food recipes in this forum
Forum rules
This forum is a place for you to post your favorite food recipes of your own making that you think would be of interest to other Born Free motorcoach owners.

You must not post a recipe that has been copyrighted or published by someone else unless you first obtain permission from that person or company.
Brent

Couscous Salad - Very Easy

Post by Brent »

This is so easy to fix (boil water and wait a few minutes). It can then be put in the refrigerator and eaten for a couple of days with no heating or preparation.

Ingredients:
1. Couscous (I like the whole wheat variety, but most use plain) - 1 cup if you want to make more at a time just be sure to use equal portions of liquid to the couscous. The directions call for more liquid then 1:1, which makes it more plump but I like the texture from less liquid.
2. Chicken broth - 1 cup (you can use water, vegetable stock, or beef broth - depending on your tastes - I like the chicken broth).
3. assorted dried fruits - 4 oz (I like a sweetened packaged mixture of apples, raisins, cherries, etc. - it gives a nice taste to the salad).
4. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
5. 1 teaspoon of salt.

1. Pour the liquid in a pan with the fruit, olive oil, and salt - stir and slowly heat until it just starts to boil, then stir in the couscous.
2. Take off the heat once the couscous is stirred in, cover with a lid, and wait 10 minutes (the directions say 5 but i wait a little longer).
3. Spread the pasta out into a container and fluff with a fork to make sure there is no clumping. Taste it - salt if needed. It may also be slightly sweet from the fruit.
4. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then fluff with a fork again, cover and put in the refrigerator.
Serve and eat - preferably after chilled - I hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by Brent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
DolceGurl

Post by DolceGurl »

this sounds great! thanks for sharing!
ErickaC

Post by ErickaC »

thank you for the recipe, i've never made couscous anything before :D
but it sounds like something i am going to like
it's a good thing it doesn't take much time huh? :)

Return to “My Favorite Recipes”