Steering/Handling

Post comments (either positive or negative) in this forum for the states of AK, ID, MT, OR, WA and WY
Steve W

Steering/Handling

Post by Steve W »

When we first took delivery, our 2007 24RB, it had a bad case of front-end wanderlust. After being told by several dealers that it was within Ford tolerances, I had a Safe-T-Steer device installed. Cured approx. 80% of the problem. Not being wholly pleased with the steering performance, I finally went looking for a cure. Henderson's Lineup or Henderson's RV(known under both names) in Grants Pass, OR. seemed to be an answer. They had it for a day on this last Monday and while the problem is not completely cured, it is definitely better than anyone else has been able to do. Friendly, knowledgeable people who are very thorough. If one has a handling or suspension problem, I have no problem recommending them. Our 24RB, while a Porsche it is not, it is now an easily driveable RV. :?
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
Jim Hofmann

Re: Steering/Handling

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Steve; Could you elaborate on what Henderson's did to your coach that improved it? Knowing what you know now, would add the Safety Steer? I am asking these questions as we are planning a trip from here (Southern California) to the NW. We plan to take our time and spend time in areas we have just driven thru or around to get to a destination. ie; Portland, Seattle, Spokane, etc. Our coach, a 26'RB has approx 80,000 miles and is beginning to have wanderlust syndrome. Since it drove perfectly for so many years I am of the belief that all it may need is some TLC to the front end.
Thanks
Jim

Return to “RV Repair Facilites in the NW Region”