Leak in back window?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

harrisgowing

Leak in back window?

Post by harrisgowing »

We are in central Florida experiencing wonderful weather compared to what we would be living through this spring in northern Michigan. Our trip has been prolonged due to some issues with our Ford Diesel engine which may finally be resolved after 3 long visits to Rush Ford and Truck in Orlando. Really good service. But, during heavy rains a few days ago we woke up to a wet portion of the rear side bed under the left side of the back window (my side, of course!). The water appeared to be coming in at the top of the rear exit window. It is now decorated with duct tape in the hopes that it is the source but I realize it could be almost anything on the roof. Any ideas or suggestions? We hope to get home before exploring this and fixing it - too much time already in repair shops with a puppy! Thanks!

Judy
Chuck and Judy Harris
Oliver and Monty, the Cavaliers at the Rainbow Bridge; Timothy Dickens, the Cavalier puppy
2004 RSB
2015 Royal Splendor
Santana tandem bicycle
WardPAW

Re: Leak in back window?

Post by WardPAW »

I know you do not want to spend time at another repair facility, but here are two RV window repair sites within a limited travel distance of central Florida.

http://www.suncoastdesigners.com in Hudson, FL

http://www.neverfogwindow.com by Darren Thomas Glass Company in Sebring, FL

Check out their websites. They accomodate overnight stays.
Ben Ward
2005 26 RSB, Diesel
RV Name: Lion PAW

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”