Overhead Bunk Power

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Pete1122

Overhead Bunk Power

Post by Pete1122 »

I thought it was interesting that Born Free has the 12 volt and 120 Volt outlets built into the overhead bunk for the entertainment center even if you have the overhead bed. I found these under my mattress one day. I was wondering if anyone has done anything creative with these? I was thinking of extending the 12 volt to the wall and wiring up a USB charger.

2006 Born Free RSB
shilohdad

Re: Overhead Bunk Power

Post by shilohdad »

Question: do you use your overhead bunk as a bed? We didn’t when we had such a unit. We removed the mattress and used the overhead area for storage; some loose and some in plastic bins with drawers. We also used the AC outlets to charge laptops, tablets, etc. The DC outlet, not so much, although something is tickling my brain that we used it for something. That was a looooong time ago. BTW, we ordered our current coach without the bed, and use that area for storage. The outlets are placed differently in our coach.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
Pete1122

Post by Pete1122 »

We do use the bed, in fact I just bought a 4" memory mattress topper and cut it to fit. I just can't help feeling that those power outlets are wasted sitting under the mattress, I want to use them for something!
2006 Born Free RSB
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I don’t have those outlets. I’ll put one of my teeth under the mattress and hope that the tooth fairy will install one.
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member
Pete1122

Post by Pete1122 »

I ended up fishing the 12 volt wire under the fabric to the wall, and mounted a USB charger. At least I made use of it!
2006 Born Free RSB

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”