RV Cookbook recommendations requested

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

LeAnn

RV Cookbook recommendations requested

Post by LeAnn »

:D

Does anyone have any great suggestions for a RV cookbook? I wondered if the BF owners had ever put together or published a cookbook. I would love a few great suggestions of traveling and cooking in an RV.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
LeAnn and family
Brent

Post by Brent »

Would anyone be interested in adding a section on our web site for recipes?
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
rv4fun

Post by rv4fun »

I'd like to see a Recipe Section on our website. One devoted to simple, easy to prepare foods would be nice.. Larry
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I think it's a great idea! 8)
Brent

Post by Brent »

I think Larry is right - something that gives good ideas for RV cooking. It could include crock pot, grilling, etc. But geared to use for the RV.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
LeAnn

recipies

Post by LeAnn »

Thank you - that would be a great idea to have a section on the web site for easy RV recipies.

We all have different expiences - mine mostly over camp fire, so amy suggestions of great, easy recipies, and how to pack for them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again -
LeAnn :wink:
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I am on a couple of groups (email lists)...one is AllAboutRving@yahoogroups.com. It's an open list and quite busy. There've been some great recipes come across from time to time. I highly suggest the digest format though, for the sheer number of posts.

The other one is ClassyCampers@yahoogroups.com. It's a much slower list, but there's been some great recipes come across.

I like the idea of recipes specifically for rving or camping. Things that don't require as much prep.

Personally, I've had great luck with tacos, (everything gets cooked on stovetop or chopped fresh) and 'pigs in a blanket' in the convection oven. Pillsbury crescent rolls cook great in the oven. So do chocolate chip cookies. I buy the dough all you have to do is break apart. I don't camp to spend my time cleaning.

Also, if the oven trips the fire alarm or gets too hot, what i do is open the kitchen window, and turn on the shower vent fan. It pulls cool air from the kitchen across the microwave and out the bath. Keeps the fire alarm from triggering.

Trish
bfadmin
Site Admin

New Food Recipe Forum

Post by bfadmin »

A new forum labeled My Favorite Recipes has been started below where you can post your favorite recipes for traveling in your Born Free motorcoach. Just make sure that you first read the locked topic just above it called Recipe Posting Rules.
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org
LeAnn

thank you -

Post by LeAnn »

Thank you for the new listing

Let's consider this line closed and move further food discussion to the new listing...

I am most appreciative

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”