Lights

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

dwlars

Lights

Post by dwlars »

Hi, we are thinking about buying a 1995 26' and we were going thru the coach checking things out we noticed about 9 small lights, I call them reading lights mounted thru out the coach but only a few of them would come on. We took the bulb out of one of the ones that worked and tried it in the ones that did not but they still would not come on. The coach is on a consignment lot and the sales person did not know why they would not work. Does anybody have any ideas? Also the price for the RV is 19995 with 74,000 miles on it but am trying to get it for 18500 is that a good price? We are new to the RV world, this will be our first.
Thanks
DL in SD
robert

Lights

Post by robert »

I had a 97 26 ft (Used with only 15,000 miles at time of purchase), and I had the same problem with those lights. I found that if you twisted the light in one direction, it would come on, and if you twisted in another direction, it would go off.

Apparently it had something to do with the wiring connection at the point where the light swivels.

I can not recall what I did about it, but I believe that I had my local RV repair man fix it for me.

The price of that age Born Free depends on the condition. Most BF owners take extremely good care of their vehicle. I keep mine stored inside when not in use. I wax it at least once and sometimes twice a year.

You might want to contact the BF factory at their 800 number. They are a pretty good source of BF values. The factory has a 1996 26 model for sale at an asking price of $26,000. You could probably get that with an offer of about 22,000.
dwlars

Post by dwlars »

Thank you Robert, I had not thought of calling the facorty direct, I will have to do that.
Diane
hrgermany

price on a 1995 BF 26 ft

Post by hrgermany »

I have a 1995 BF 26 Rear Sidebed that had 42000 miles on it when I bought last year for $24000 .It has all extras one can think of.Depending on the condition the price is not bad.Used BF motorhomes are bard to find.

Hans Rueckert

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”