Born Free's spotted

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

jobrien

Born Free's spotted

Post by jobrien »

We are in the Amana Colonies today, and so far we have seen 3 other Born Free's.

The first was in a McDonald's parking lot in PA at mile marker 242 on route 80 on 8/11

Then we spotted one going eastbound on route 80 as we were going west somewhere in OH on 8/11 or 8/12.

Finally we saw a Built for Two in Amana this morning. They were pulling into a parking lot as we went past. I flashed my lights and beeped, but to no avail. I kept my eyes open, but didn't see them again.

Were you in any of those places at those times??????

John
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Hey, you guys are only a few miles out from me!

Are you headed east or west?

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

Roger,

On a previous post, I believe that John said they had a appointment at the factory in Humboldt on 8-15, so if things are going according to plans they should be watching TV in the vinicity of Humboldt Iowa tonight.

RVN4US
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Well, after many days without internet access, wea re now in Forest City at the Winnebago factory. We are here to attend a Telephone Pioneer camping club rally, NOT to look for a new motorhome.

After leaving the Amana colonies, we went to the factory. Finally got to meet Kim and Bret in the service department. Took the factory tour, saw the fiberglass and cabinet shops and was quite impressed. This week I will be taking a tour of the Winnie factory to do a comparison HA HA!!!

We spent 2 days in West Bend at the Grotto of the Redemption campground. Great little park, quiet and clean, and only $15 a night for electric hookups.

Went from there to Clear Lake and stayed at Deer Valley Campground. A former Boy Scout camp, then a bible camp. The present owner took over 6 years ago and converted it into a campground. has a 250 foot dock, swimming pool and full hookups for $23 a night. Unfortunately the rain moved in and we had limited outdoor activities. We did go to MAson City and took in the sites there.

Back in NJ, campground rates are up to about $40, so these rates seem good to us.

We'll be in Forest City until Friday morning, then it's time to head home. I'll keep my eyes open for more BF's.

Thanks to those who emailed me some great sites to see and good places to eat. The info came in handy and we enjoyed everywhere we went.

John

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”