Microwave Swap

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Guy Carter

Microwave Swap

Post by Guy Carter »

Tappan (InterCon Marketing, Inc) shipped out a new microwave with just a simple phone call to their phone number in the BF owner's manual. Our unit would shut down after running several minutes and getting hot. I called the number, explained the symptoms on Monday and I got the new unit on Friday afternoon! No hassel, no issues, and just one phone call! Kinda surprised me. They were very cordial, polite, and were english speaking customer service personnel! I tested the unit prior to intalling it in the rv. It worked fine, so I went ahead and installed. We fired it up and cooked some baked potatoes with it last night. This morning, I used the convection part and baked some bisquits. All worked just fine. Needless to say, I am very pleased with the warranty service provided by Tappan. I have to call them on Monday to see about what they want done with the original unit. The only visible difference between the two is the replacement has additional air vents and continues to run the fan after the heating shuts down (even with the door open) until it cools somewhat. The model number of the original is TC 1050S and the model number of the new one is TC 1050SB.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”