Transfer switch?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

TLBlanchard

Transfer switch?

Post by TLBlanchard »

We recently received our new 24RB and love it.
I need to find the transfer switch without tearing too deep into the coach, I have done a quick look over and don't see it any where, can anyone direct me to the shore power/generator ac transfer switch??
I am planning on installing a EMS electrical protection system that the factory didn't want to ?
Hope to see you all in Nashville
Ed & Idonna Bryson

Post by Ed & Idonna Bryson »

TL -

In my 1997 24RB it was bolted on the back of the Converter/Charger. Mine 'smoked' a few months ago and I had to pull the Converter/Charger out, disconnect it, rewire the feeds, and mount a new one on the cabinet wall rearward of the Converter/Charger.

YMMV

-Ed
1997 24RB President
"The Lion & The Lamb"
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

Our former coaach was a 2001 24'RB and the switch was just below the drivers seat. It was visible when you opened the drivers door.
Jim
whemme

Transfer Switch

Post by whemme »

Jim Hofmann,

In your post above you are referring to the coach battery ON/OFF switch that is located in the footwell down under the left side of the dirver's seat. The transfer switch they are referring to is actually not a switch but a relay that controls which source of 115 VAC power is directed to the charger/converter section - either AC shore line power or AC power from the generator.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
Jim Hofmann

Post by Jim Hofmann »

OOPS, sorry about that. Of course as I reread the post I can seem that I assumed the wrong thing (and you know what they say about the word assume).

Jim

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”