BF 32 ft

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

richardfstone

BF 32 ft

Post by richardfstone »

I am a new member of the group and just purchased a 06 32 ft. I am a retired engineer and love to know how everything works. I have been studying the battery maintenance systems. My owners packet says that there is a Ample Power Autoswitch in the coach to maintain the starting battery when plugged into shore power. Can any one tell me where it is located on the coach. I want to look at the configuration switches to see if they are set propertly for dual battery cross charging. I would appreciate any help someone may have.
whemme

Post by whemme »

richardfstone,

Unless an owner of your model type posts an answer to your question, I would recommend that you call the factory in Humboldt, IA at 800-247-1835 and ask for either Bret or Kim. I am sure they can answer your question.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Congrats on your purchase, Mr Stone.

I've had the starter (chassis) battery discharge twice when the rig was parked, plugged into 50A shore power, but my trailer brake controller in the cab was left plugged in for more than a week. By just unplugging the brake controller, I've had no further problems.

I'm not sure about an 'Ample Power' switch, but it might be the gaggle of connections in the storage bin located on the passenger entry lip (a black plastic compartment below the passenger seat, just above the step as you enter the coach.) You access the compartment by lifting, then turning the 'D' ring. See the photo for the location of a similar bin on the driver's side.

If that is not what you are looking for, you should call Kim at Born Free and he will either tell you or ask one of the techs to contact you.

Happy Motoring,
Len C sends.
Attachments
Compartments located beneath driver and passenger cab seats.
Compartments located beneath driver and passenger cab seats.
Driver door compartment 32RT.jpg (26.73 KiB) Viewed 4990 times

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”