Can't hear your Ford E-340/E-450 Turn Signals Anymore?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

whemme

Can't hear your Ford E-340/E-450 Turn Signals Anymore?

Post by whemme »

If your like me and getting hard of hearing - actually my wife calls it hard of listening - you may want to consider this relatively simple modification to your Ford E-350/E-450 Turn Signals so that you won't leave them turned on for miles down the road because you can't hear the turn signal relay clicking anymore. I borrowed this idea from someone else - I am just documenting it better complete with pictures. I have created a small website to show how to do it.

Go to this website address for complete details: http://home.earthlink.net/~whemme/forde ... ialalerter
Last edited by whemme on Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
George Boley

Post by George Boley »

Bill, Thanks for the fix. Ford has had the silent turn signal for as long I can remember, one would think after 50 years or so some engineer would have corrected the problem. George B
Mel Wilbur

turn signals

Post by Mel Wilbur »

George, If they kept engineers around long enough their hearing would be like ours and would realize they couldn't hear them anymore and would hopefully do something about it.
Mel & Connie

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”