2008 Balloon Festival in Albuquerque?

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hello moto

2008 Balloon Festival in Albuquerque?

Post by hello moto »

Does anyone have information on whether or not there will be a 2008 Balloon Festival Rally next year. We had anticipated attending this year but it was not offered. I imagine since Born Free sponsored the trip to Alaska, it was in place of the festival.
George Boley

Post by George Boley »

There is nothing planned for the club to host a ballon rally this coming year. However if you have a desire to be the host we certainly could offer it. Bob Newby is our new Vice President for that region, he may have plans for another year please feel free to contact him.
George Boley, Rally/Caravan Coordinator
George Boley
Knowledge will never be lost, provided it is shared
George Boley

Post by George Boley »

OOPS--------------I thought for sure New Mexico was in Bob Newby's region. It's like home with the wife. Wrong again! Bill Lyon is the VP for NM. George B

PS: Yes balloon should have had two oos, not a good day..
George Boley
Knowledge will never be lost, provided it is shared
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

George Boley wrote:OOPS--------------I thought for sure New Mexico was in Bob Newby's region. It's like home with the wife. Wrong again! Bill Lyon is the VP for NM. George B

Be sure you get the correct region and the correct hot air balloon event.

The Balloon Festival is in Readington, New Jersey (www.balloonfestival.com).

The Balloon FIESTA is in Albuquerque, New Mexico (www.balloonfiesta.com).

:)
Barbara & Ken
hello moto

Post by hello moto »

Sorry I did mean the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. Some friends of our just returned (no they don't RV) and they raved about the sights of all the balloons taking off.
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

It's a common mistake to call the Balloon Fiesta a "festival." But the Balloon Fiesta is a very unique hot air balloon event. Most other events don't allow spectators to be on the field during the inflation and lift offs. And the Balloon Fiesta is one of the most spectacular events you could ever see. Anyone who wants to attend next year needs to get reservations ASAP. The Balloon Fiesta RV sites are filling up already.

The weather at this year's Fiesta was great. Only a couple of night Glows were cancelled because of high winds. But there was no rain at all.

Unfortunately, there was a tragic accident that ended in the death of a paid balloon flight passenger and injuries to two other passengers. Very sad.
Barbara & Ken
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Barbara and Ken -- could you post just how to get reservations for the baloon festival -- thanks
hello moto

Post by hello moto »

Could you clarify whether the rv sites you describe are in a rv park that is close to the action or whether these are sites available throgh a Leap 'n Lions sponsored event that we are unaware of. I think a lot of us would like to attend an organized Leap 'n Lions event like the previously sponsored ones.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Here is a link for 2008 Rv parking http://www.balloonfiesta.com/Guests/Travel_Help/rv.php
May have to copy and paste this link.
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

hello moto wrote:Could you clarify whether the rv sites you describe are in a rv park that is close to the action or whether these are sites available throgh a Leap 'n Lions sponsored event that we are unaware of. I think a lot of us would like to attend an organized Leap 'n Lions event like the previously sponsored ones.

As suggested, go to the Balloon Fiesta website: www.balloonfiesta.com. Click on RV Travel Info for information. There are several Fiesta owned RV areas adjacents to Balloon Fiesta Park, and reservations already are being taken for next year's Fiesta. The sites are pricey, but they are very convenient to the Balloon Fiesta activities.

There also is a small, private dry camp area a block away from Fiesta Park, called Marlene's RV Park, but I don't have contact info for that area. The rest of the year, it's just an empty lot.

The private RV parks are much farther away from Fiesta Park, and those also may be taking reservations for next year's Fiesta. Those reservations usually are on a pre-paid basis, and some may require non-refundable payments. You can check the Trailer Life directory for the Albuquerque area RV park listings.

Any information about a Born Free rally at the Balloon Fiesta would be listed under the Rally section on this Forum index.
Barbara & Ken

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”