Parking Problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Parking Problem

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I have a 26RSB BF, which for the past 3-1/2 years I have parked in my driveway. As the pic shows, I extend about 10 inches into the sidewalk. Never had a problem with neighbors until recently when a teenage boy across the street got into an argument with me & I ended up calling the police. They spoke to him, etc. & that was (I thought) the end of it. However, I received a letter from Code Enforcement (City of San Jose) that my RV is blocking public access (sidewalk) & I have 10 days to move it (Not allowed in the street in front of my house for storage - 3 day rule) or they will cite me & tow the vehicle. I don't want it in a storage yard as that leads to other problems for me. I'm looking at other corrections such as cutting back the roofline at my eaves so the Cone part will have room to get closer in as my garage door is receded & I have approx. 4' eaves. I need about a foot to get it out of the sidewalk area. Gil at BF in Rancho Cordova told me about a different bumper that BF now is using that would cut down on those 10"....have left a message for Kim to check that out...I was just wondering if anyone else has had such a problem & how they handled it...REALLY don't want to store it, sell it or whatever...I want it right here at my house. Right now (as my 10 days are up today), I have it parked kitty-corner across my driveway...it clears the sidewalk. (I have a 3 car garage thus a pretty wide driveway. Can't get my car out, but I'll deal with that... :cry: Any ideas would certainly be appreciated...
Attachments
2007 11 05 BF at sidewalk (Small).jpg
2007 11 05 BF at sidewalk (Small).jpg (42.84 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
2007 11 05 BF at roofline (Small).JPG
2007 11 05 BF at roofline (Small).JPG (27.03 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
BF at Gutter (Small).JPG
BF at Gutter (Small).JPG (38.47 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Could you set up a parking area on the other side of your home with drive-in access from the street, say along the property line? You could have a contractor pour concrete, or asphalt, or even gravel if the ground will support it. An electrical feed would also be easy to run and you could have a full 30A plug-in right there, plus run your water hose to the house.

See sketch attached.

If you backed in, you'd only need the length of the wheelbase plus a few feet to accommodate the whole rig, and that's just 10' x 20' at most. The bumper can overhang the yard with no problem. I'd think the cost of setting that up would be between $500 and $2000 depending on materials.

Covenants.. we live in the land of litigation. [Len sends]
Attachments
Possible solution on other side of lot
Possible solution on other side of lot
Charlotte's RV Pad Idea.jpg (15.49 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Len...Thanks for going through all the trouble to give me your input. Your suggestions are terrific....however, I don't have enough room from my lot line (easement, etc.) to store on that side of the house (see pic). I've solved the problem for now anyway, by parking it across my driveway & though it looks on the pic as if I'm on my neighbor's prop...in reality I'm not. This way will allow me to get my car out of the garage & not have to move the motorhome at all...yet it's off the sidewalk. I had a roofer come out today & he's going to cut the eave back enough so I can pull her up to the garage door in a straight shot (as I had it before this problem) & clear the sidewalk. :) I've had offers to store it at other friends houses & many suggestions...like putting in a curving driveway around the front lawn...I think cutting the eaves back is a better idea as the RV won't be an eyesore parked in that area. 8)
Len...thanks again for your time & the post...Safe & happy travels to you!
Attachments
BF to side 003 (Small).JPG
BF to side 003 (Small).JPG (49.56 KiB) Viewed 6348 times
Pk Sh Yard done 1 (Small).jpg
Pk Sh Yard done 1 (Small).jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 6348 times
RVN4US

Post by RVN4US »

Might be the time to trade for a 24 foot rear bath???
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Yep! I thought of that option too...however, I have everything I need in my RSB, upgrades & all done at the factory & a few things done here. It is so perfectly outfitted & in brand new condition still. I'm so fortunate to have this one as she runs like a top, never gives me any problems & is so perfect (even though it's a '99) & dependable...that I just can't part with her. Aside from that, one of the top reasons I want her parked here at my house is that having gone through the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake & having horrible damage to my home in the mountains back then, I want the comfort of knowing in an emergency I can rely on my BF to shelter me & my family if need be. I still feel so blessed, even after all these years of owning my BF. Just accidently lucked into getting the 'cream of the crop' from a previous owner that was absolutely the best of the best!
Can't beat that!!! 8)
Barbara & Ken

Post by Barbara & Ken »

Very clever temporary parking solution, Charlotte. I'll bet your neighbor is surprised that the attempt to banish your Born Free from your driveway didn't work. Guess the neighbor didn't realize how resourceful you are. :wink:
Barbara & Ken

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”