bad news good news

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Well, it looks like the ball is in your court now, Mel... :lol: What was that about forgiveness.... 8)
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

"the check is in the mail" Hah, i've heard that one before. Charlotte, read my lips (oops my earlier posting), I don't forgive Bill until the check clears the bank.
Mel & Connie
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

Oh, Mel... I can tell that THIS relationship is getting off to sterling start... thanks SO much for the vote of confidence... <chuckle>

No... really... the check's in the mail... HONEST!!!!! :lol:

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)
Mel Wilbur

Re: Rigs and coaches

Post by Mel Wilbur »

bill crommett wrote:I need to apologize for starting a terminology storm about rigs and coaches. I had no idea that there were so many inflexible people with strong opinions and a lesser sense of humor than mine. I shall , in the future, keep my comments about that great white plastic money pit that sits out under the canopy by the barn, to a more technical response .
I hope that Mel will forgive me and the rest of this great group will let the subject die an honorable death.

Bill, since it was I that started this name that coach discussion I see no reason for you to apologize. However, if you do feel that way you most certainly have my forgiveness.

Roger, after yet another sleepless night and running your name through the BCI, FBI, BBB and AARP (a proceedure that John usually does with new prospective members) I now realize you are not only an honest person but an all around nice guy that will be a credit to the Leap'n Lions.
Welcome to the club.
Mel & Connie
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

It didn't die an honorable death very fast !
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Amen... 8)
Roger H

Re: Rigs and coaches

Post by Roger H »

Mel Wilbur wrote: I now realize you are not only an honest person but an all around nice guy that will be a credit to the Leap'n Lions.
Welcome to the club.
Mel, I implore you... please don't tell this to another soul. I have a reputation to live down to, and it just wouldn't do to have someone saying nice things about me! :shock:

Seriously, thanks for the warm welcome. It's been fun posting on the forums, and I'm looking forward to full membership.

Roger
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

bill crommett wrote:It didn't die an honorable death very fast !
Bill, it'll die it's honorable death in it's own due time... perhaps it's more like those protracted death scenes in the cartoon western parodies where the bad guy gets shot and then staggers around for ten minutes doing... well... silly stuff...

:roll:

Roger
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

I hope the check clears soon.. This iteration of purgatory is getting to wear on my resilience. Please, oh please, Mel tell me as soon as you can confirm the clearing.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I can confirm that "the check" was received in the mail today. It will be deposited on Monday.

How long it takes to actually clear depends on how much laughing and "oh no, not him again" comments the tellers have to do :shock:

Roger, your official welcome package will be coming to you shortly.

John
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

That the check was written on a numbered Swiss bank account where the bank is actually registered in the Cayman Islands shouldn't cause any problems, should it?

By the way, John... you did want that in small, untraceable bills... right?

:mrgreen:

Roger

on edit... you know when you rename a yacht, there's a huge ceremony that must be scrupulously followed... and involves lots of folks and copious quantities of expensive alcohol... is there something similar we should be planning for Bill for receiving his forgiveness?
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

I'm not much for ceremony any more, but the alcohol is a different consideration. Just keep in in small quantities.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”