Referrals....

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

CHARLOTTE

Referrals....

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Just wonderin'....and I think this was brought up & then kinda passed over & nothing done...so I don't know if it is against our rules or ? :? I just read a post by Steve who happens to live in Chico, CA & he has had a good experience with a particular company. I, too, have had a great relationship with a particular RV repair shop. My point is, why haven't we a 'Classification' for our members to post their favorite repair shop, their favorite tire shop, etc., in their area. For those of us on the road & often in a strange area, if we should need service of one kind or another, we could refer to that category to see if there's anyone close to where we are.... :P I mean, we have all kinds of categories...some are posted to more than others, but nevertheless the information is still there... :wink: So, what's the reason for not having this kind of a tool for while we're on the road, should we need some help :?:
Just curious :wink:
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi - I think you have a good idea but we would have to be careful not to have negetive things said against any shop for liability reasons -- a good experence would be helpful -- bobN
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Bob. When I posted my thanks to those who replied re the Toad and included our positive experiences with a particular service facility, like Charlotte, I also was thinking that it would be nice to have a little "insider knowledge" of RV repair shops as we travel. As owners of Born Free's we seldom need them but such knowledge would be nice to have.
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Mornin' Bob...and I appreciate your input. However, I would like to point out that we have a 'Vendor' Category....what if someone has a bad experience with one of their products... :?: Does that mean they can't post because of a 'liability' problem? I really don't understand & would like those 'in command' to enlighten me... :shock:

If I go to a shop & state my experience as being great & another BF owner goes to the same shop & doesn't have a great experience & posts same...where's the liability as that's simply experiences shared..? :arrow: Furthermore, aren't we supporting this website with our experiences, good & bad, on a variety of related issues :?: Isn't that the purpose of this club ? :roll:

Anyhow, that's my position & I'd like some input...opinions...etc. :idea:

Anyhow, (again)...not trying to pick a fight with anyone, :oops: just thought it would be a helpful category for many of us & wondered why we didn't have same....

Meantime, will be seeing you (Bob) in April...as you put together an awesome Rally last year (thank you :P ) in Paso Robles, & I sure want to attend it again this year... 8)
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

I don't see it any different than the campground directory section. In fact, to save space on the forum page, maybe the category could be changed to "CAMPGROUND/SERVICE" and the info could be put under the appropriate region.

You would be stating your experience with that campground or service center, hopefully just stating the facts. I don't see anything wrong with that.

John
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

John, I sent Bill a note earlier today to put the wheels in motion on this. Stay tuned.
Mel & Connie
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

:P Well....thank you Bob, Steve, John and of course Mr. Wilbur...let's see what the 'wheels in motion' comes up with. :|

I think that any information that helps any of us, whether it be while our BF's are parked or moving down the road....is good.... :!:

As usual, just my 2 cents :wink:
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Charlotte - looks like your idea will take shape -- looking forward to seeing you in Paso Robles -- Bob Newby
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

The wheels were in motion, check out the new catagory.
Mel & Connie
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Ya'll left off SC! I went there "looking" for a place since I haven't "FOUND" a place. But of course I haven't needed one yet......

Oh and what about the guy that BF always had us go to in Clermont that moved his shop to TN? Man I hate getting old........CRS is coming on strong.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
bfadmin
Site Admin

South Carolina Missing!

Post by bfadmin »

Nancy,

The missing state of SC has now been added to the SE Region listing for the topic Recommended RV Repair Facilities. Thanks for noticing the omission.

Bill Hemme
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Website Forum Administrators
(bfadmin-1) Dave Moffat - Primary Administrator
(bfadmin-3) Sandy Perley - Assistant Administrator
(bfadmin-2) Bill Hemme - Backup Administrator
(bfadmin) Email: bfadmin@bornfreervclub.org

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”