ford recall second time

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Bill Wright

Ford recall

Post by Bill Wright »

David,

Since you own a 2002, if you are involved in the recall, you would have received the notice quite a while back. Disconnecting the chassis battery should prevent the problem, since how can there be a short with no juice. I would call a Ford dealer, give them your VIN and see if you are included in the recall.

I had a 1996 and received the recall at the end of August. It is my understanding that Ford is working backwards from the newer units to the older and trying to keep the work at a level that the dealers can handle. Can you imagine if 20 years of vehicles all tried to get the cruise control replaced in one week.
thkurtz

OWNERS of Recalled Fords get Warning!!!

Post by thkurtz »

I recently saw this recall in the Sunday Ledger, Lakeland, Fl. The government has warned owners of about 4.6 million recalled Ford vehicles to take their cars and trucks immediately to dealership to have the cruise control switch systems disconnected that have been linked to engine fires. This does include E450s from 1996 to 2003 and E350s 1992-93 and 1997 to 2003. The NHTSA have received 60 complaints of engine fires in Ford vehicles since August 2007. Three deaths have been tied to the fires.
2002 RSB
whemme

Engine fires?

Post by whemme »

I think the issue in this recall (and the previous recall) is not engine fires. True the resulting fires start in the under hood engine compartment but really originate when the brake fluid in the brake master cylinder overheats and catches fire caused by a short in a defective cruise control system brake fluid pressure disconnect switch.

So to clarify, I believe the fire originates in the brake master cylinder - not the V10 engine.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

Just got back after a month long trip to Southern California and then over to Nevada/Utah area. Cold, Cold, Cold and windy weather most of the time I was gone & in both areas.... :( Anyhow, got home & started going through my ton of mail...and guess what....there's a letter from Ford telling me to take my Ford engine/BF in for the second recall.... :roll: I'll be calling them in the AM to find out what's going on...after all, I already called the Ford dealership & was told I didn't need to bring her in...???
BTW...even with the winds and all the mountain climbing I did, I still averaged a little over 10 MPG...Thank goodness...as the price for gas is insane.... :x
Also....has anyone else suffered from that rolling sensation (that you still have even after you've stopped driving), when coming home from a long trip....??? I feel like I'm still 'rocking & rolling' even when I'm sitting still... :shock: Wow!...Where's my seat belt??? :)
Roger H

Post by Roger H »

So, I busted the moho out of it's ice prison today and ran it up to Lynch Ford in Mt. Vernon IA. They had it in and out in less than an hour, and even aired the tires up after the long winter's nap!

Roger
'06 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis
(Former: '01 Born Free 23 RK)
Dinghy: '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar.
Traveling with Sir Winston and Lady Rae (Cavalier King Charles Spaniels)

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”