Window Shades

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

RVN4US

Window Shades

Post by RVN4US »

We sent in one our window shades to the company that made them to have the string replaced. Mailed on March 28th, it was returned to us on April 11th, which I thought was a great turn around time. Cost to mail to them and a check for $15.00 for return shipment. Thought that I would share this, as it is great to still have a company that can be counted on.

Specialty Window Coverings
1655 Gateway Court
Elkhart, Indiana 46514
Phone # (574) 262-5190
whemme

Window Shades Maintenance

Post by whemme »

You will find additional information on window shade maintenance for your Born Free coach in an earlier post of mine titled New Style Adjustable Tensioner Bobbins for Day/Night Shades in the Technical Library section of this forum.

A direct clickable link to that topic is: http://www.bornfreervclub.org/bulletin_ ... .php?t=870

Club member Sab Sasaki posted additional maintenance information directly below my posting.

Also, there are plans to offer a clinic on how to re-string these window shades at our 2009 National Rally in fort Dodge, IA on the schedule for June 18-21, 2009.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
BonaProf

Specialty Windows

Post by BonaProf »

Just wanted to let everyone know that Specialty Windows is just as nice and friendly as ever, but they have moved. Their new address is

Specialty Windows Coverings
1614 N. Eisenhower Drive
Goshen, Indiana 46526

They will still restring them for free, but you will need to enclose $15.00 for return postage. The new style tension bobbins cost 50cents each.
Nathan Cook

Still the Best Deal In Town

Post by Nathan Cook »

If you ever break a string on your day/night shades, I just wanted to let everyone know that Specialty Windows are still as nice and friendly as ever. They will still restring them for free, but you will need to enclose $15.00 for return postage. :) The shade is back within two weeks.

Their new address is

Specialty Windows Coverings
1614 N. Eisenhower Drive
Goshen, Indiana 46526
Phone # (574) 262-5190

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”