Considering a Used Purchase and Have a Couple Quesitons

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

LeAnn

Post by LeAnn »

THank you Bill for your thoughts and shared experience. We know that with two large dogs and kids that a 21+ foot would be too small, but I think after reading your e-mail and others, that the 24 would work for us. My kids are close to going off to college, and she will be home during the summers (for many years to come if she does all the studies she is planning). When we travel during the other times during the calandar year and to her University for ball games and things - we plan to use the BF as our main travel vehicle. I think the 26 would be wonderful, but hard to utilize for our lifestyle given that we want to use it throughout the year as a travel vehicle.

I greatly appreciate the support and thoughts everyone shares on the site - it is nice to ask a question and have numerous answers to help further educate myself and family. Thank you.

I especially appreciate "where you store stuff" ideas - great helpful hints!!
LeAnn
Rick Huber

Post by Rick Huber »

We have put about 35K miles on our 26' RB BF, and have spent anywhere from 1 week to 5 months in it at a time. We have encountered no problems with the length (we did have a 40' Class A prior to the BF - so maybe I am not the best judge when it comes to problems with its length). We do tow a Jeep - we feel that the inconvenience of having to move our "home" everytime we want to go anywhere would be a problem,
not to mention the fact that we take day trips up to a couple of hundred miles and the with the cost of gas, that would not be to economical in the BF, and we also like to travel "Jeep" roads. So using a towed is right for us. As far as 24 vs 26', we had the same quandry when we bought. The difference in 2002 was a couple of K$ - we are really glad we spent the extra money, the extra storage is well worth it - and there are only 2 of us.
Hope this helps,
Rick
Judy Harris

Post by Judy Harris »

Hi, LeAnn, I am joining late in this discussion because we were gone for 5 weeks in our 26'RSB and since have been on the road, etc., catching up with family. We are sort of deliquents to our grown children and grandchildren with our new vagabond lifestyle. It is great!! I have a definite reaction to your dilemma - get the 26' rear bath. You will not notice the difference in driving and parking but the extra 2 feet of storage for your family will be immense. The difference in the kitchen area is great, considering the relatively minor difference in length. We have a great time - 2 adults and 2 small dogs - and are never ready to come home, but adding one more person argues for the extra space of the 26' rear bath. We have been many places in our 26' and have never felt like we were too large for the streets or the available parking, but then we will go anywhere and do most anything except for the 2 track in AZ this fall that was total mud. In my opinion, the kitchen area and storage of the 26' rear bath is the best option. Have fun!! We sure are. As soon as we put Casper (the unfortunate name for the BF) in storage, we were planning the first ski vacation.

Judy Harris

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”