Air conditioner problem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

thkurtz

Air conditioner problem

Post by thkurtz »

I have a 2002 RSB casual elegance package. Recently I have been having trouble with the air conditioner shutting off. The duotherm thermostat screen goes blank, but after 15 to 30 minutes it will kick back on line. When the screen is blank, I cannot reactivate the air or change temperature or mode. It is completely off line. We are taking an extended trip up the east coast and will have the air conditioner unit serviced before leaving. Any ideas on what is causing this? Thanks for your help.
Terry Kurtz
2002 RSB
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Sounds like a loose connection, or maybe some contact corrosion.

I had a problem with my Allegro a/c with a wall thermostat. The wiring between the a/c and thermostat actually looked like a modular telephone cord. Just plugs into the thermostat and into the appropriate power block in the a/c unit. My problem was a little corrosion on the connector inside the a/c unit. I gently cleaned all the contacts with emery paper and it worked after that. I believe the thermostat actually gets it's power from the a/c unit itself.

Good luck.

John
thkurtz

Air Condition repaired

Post by thkurtz »

I took my Born Free to Dustys in Bartow, Fl. They had some trouble getting the unit to fail however it did cut off a few times. It was diagnosed as a faulty frayed cable that ran from the roof unit to just above the refrigerator down to the thermostat. The technician stated that it was broken and frayed in one area and might be the problem. It was replaced and after I tested it at home the thermostat failed again(going blank). I took it back and they found a compacitor on the roof that failed. Problem solved I hope.
2002 RSB
John S.

Post by John S. »

I had that issue with my Foretravel and it was the connection that was corroded adn it blew the fuse up on the board. It meant a new fuse and connector and wire.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”