Hot Water heater Question

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

I got around to winterizing the unit this weekend. After draining the hot water heater, I noticed that the under-bed-storage floor where the heater sits had a puddle. Looks like the drain plug hole leaked a little inside as I was draining it. Since I have never seen any water there before, I am asusming that it does not leak, when the pulg is screwed in.

Any of you expereinced this before? Is this something I should worry about and have it looked at before filling it next spring?
Bill Ruh

Post by Bill Ruh »

Hi Chris,

I don't have a rsb or any plugs on my hot water heater, so I don't understand your question.

When I winterize our rear door, I pull the T-shaped handles on the stopcocks in the floor-attached horizontal pipes, which drain the pipes and hot water heater out the bottom of the floor, so there's nothing to spill inside. I usually drive the motorhome with the stopcocks open to slosh out any last water. I do have a thumbscrew drain tube on the hot water heater; I opened it the first time I winterized, but no water came out, so I've never bothered since.

Sorry to not be of more help.

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”