Banks PowerPak Sytem

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

dsfriday

Banks PowerPak Sytem

Post by dsfriday »

Any out there who have recently added this system. Did you install yourself? Any problems? Are you satisfied with results? What did system cost. I want to add to a 2008 Born Free BFT C/O on 2007 chassis and Banks quoted me $2,500 for system including the Ottomind but got the feeling price is negotiable. Being brand new to the game, any and all feedback appreciated.
hrgermany

banks power pack

Post by hrgermany »

I have a Banks _Power Pack on my 1995 26'BF.It was in the unit when I
bought it.This not some thing you can not do your self an less you have an automotive shop.I had a Ford E 350 with out a Banks Power Pack.There is a differens like day and night.I don't know about the price.
If the price is from the Banks Co,they are competitive.You get what you pay for.I also have a Trans-Command on my transmission.

Hans Rueckert
1995 26'BF RSB
Mel Wilbur

Banks power-pak

Post by Mel Wilbur »

I installed the power-pak system with the otto-mind back in April of 2002 and have been very pleased with the performance. Not much of a gain in fuel mileage but a significant increase in torque at the rear wheels which is what I was looking for. Also as Hans, I installed the Trans-Command unit. Actually I should say that I assisted the installation. A friend of mine who is a top notch mechanic did most of the work in my garage, which by the way, took a total of 19+ hours of work in very tight quarters (the Ford chassis, not my garage).

I was told by Banks that they allow their mechanics approximately 12 hours to complete the installation on the E-450 Ford chassis. I would not recommend anyone doing the install themselves unless they were well qualified and had the proper tools and equipment required along with a good working environment.

My cost from Banks at that time was $2145.00 for the power-pak system and $251.00 for the Trans-command. Of course prices have certainly increased in 6 years. These figures included freight for each shipment (they were ordered separately). I just received an e-mail from Banks stating they are having a sale that requires calling them at 866/894-6769 for information on what is on sale and the price on those items
Mel & Connie
Ann P

Banks Power pak

Post by Ann P »

I had the system installed on my 2005 RSB at Quartzsite,AZ in 2006 for almost $3000, which was supposed to be a competitive price. It took parts of 2 days to do, and the shop was experienced with Banks. Yet they caused problems with my oxygen sensor for a few months til i finally found a place that diagnosed and repaired it. Seems these sensors on Fords are quite sensitive. And they won't be under warranty except from the shop installing the Banks. The good news is that it did provide more power climbing mountains but the gas mileage was barely improved. I have a newer BF now and will not install the Banks.
GKarschnick

Post by GKarschnick »

I have to agree with the above comments. We had the Banks system and thr Trans Command installed on our 1992 26' RSB. The power and torque increase were great. No more downshifting for hills. No perceptible mileage gain. Our 2005 26' RSB has pleanty of power with the V-10. I wouldn't consider the Banks system for it. I don't think there would be much of a gain. Just my opinion.
Last edited by GKarschnick on Sat May 10, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsfriday

Thanks

Post by dsfriday »

I'm so green, I really don't know how do do this, but what I want to end up saying is thank you to all who to date took the time to respond to my post. In summary, I have been taken in by the Bank's propaganda, especially their diagram of the inefficient stock exhaust gas flow, that , and the fact, it looks like it would be a challenge to install, I'm going to have to do it regardless of out come. Thanks again, Denny

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”