How to dry laundry??

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

sezsally

How to dry laundry??

Post by sezsally »

Hi all,

Almost every RV park we have ever stayed at prohibits putting up a clothes line or otherwise hanging clothes outside to dry, even though many don't have laundry facilities. We're trying to save money where we can and letting the sun and wind do our drying for us is one way to save a little here and there. Short of hanging clothes all over the inside of our rig we are at a loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions grealy appreciated.

Thanks,

Cecily
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Cecily: On our BFT I attached some plastic bathroom hooks to the sides and use them to string a light line for drying. Of course this implies that your unit is clean to start with, because it will be clean in spots if the breeze blows wet clothes over the dusty sides of the unit.
If the prohibitions are enforced, the managers can only tell you to take the clothes down.
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

Bill, that is a GREAT way to clean the coach! Why didn't I think of that?!
bill crommett

Post by bill crommett »

Chris: It does have some dark spots when yo are done, though.
richardfstone

Wet Clothes

Post by richardfstone »

Cecily,

We Have a BF32. I put and additional rod across the shower that can be removed. It's a great place to hang wet clothes in the winter and to dry small amounts of laundry on a hanger. You can also use the shower exhaust fan to remove the moist air.

dickstone
Hurricane, UT
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Cecily

My wife purchased an "octopus drier" or so they call it. Plastic, a hook on top with eight arms that fold out, each with a spring loaded clip. It works great for smaller items and it can be hung in numerous locations in the coach, though she frequently hangs it on the shower vent handle. I am presently attempting to construct a "clothes drier rack" out of PVC that I can easily disasemble and can be hung off the rear ladder.
Steve & Sue Wolfe / Born Free 24RB / toad
CHARLOTTE

Post by CHARLOTTE »

I don't know if this is allowed as far as other websites (hope so)...as this might answer your concern regarding hanging laundry. I just accidently ran into this after a gal on another women's RV group website mentioned a product I was looking for. Anyway, if you check out QVC.com they have these racks that look as if they were made for RVers....You might want to check it out...and no, I'm not connected in any way....just thought I'd share what I thought would help you 'dry your laundry' without cleaning the side of the BF too !!
:wink:

Set of 2 Hangaway Collapsible Drying Racks M12586
Sab & Ann

How to dry laundry?

Post by Sab & Ann »

Attached are photos of an idea that Dick Dittmer showed me years ago. It consists of 1/2" pvc that can be taken apart and stored in a bag. Cement the 90 elbows on one side only and hand fit the other end. Add the 1/4" nylon line and you can attach it to the ladder. Easy to carry, easy to install. Cost is next to nothing.
Sab & Ann
Attachments
BF Ideas 001 (Small).jpg
BF Ideas 001 (Small).jpg (45.24 KiB) Viewed 9796 times
BF Ideas 002 (Small).jpg
BF Ideas 002 (Small).jpg (56.46 KiB) Viewed 9796 times
2000 RB, E450
sezsally

Re: How to dry laundry

Post by sezsally »

Thanks for all of the ideas! We'll probably go with some combination of the indoor shower rod and outdoor rack. As you noted, the worst that can happen is they tell you to take down the stuff outside.

Thanks again!
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

Carol/Cecily, in our BFT I mounted several residential grab bars under the cabinets that are over the twin beds. I place wet/damp clothes on hangers and then hang them on the grab bars. These grab bars (see image below) are identical to Born Free OEM and can be purchased at Home Depot in chrome or white in various lengths. See this link for the Home Depot.com url:
http://tinyurl.com/49lbgf

Bill
PS. It works great as a grab bar, too! :wink:
Attachments
grab bar.jpg
grab bar.jpg (2.54 KiB) Viewed 9630 times
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”