Beeping CO detector

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Nancy

Beeping CO detector

Post by Nancy »

anyone know why it is beeping about every minute. I changed the battery and that didn't stop it. Do they go bad? It is like chinese torture beeping every minute.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

I believe some older models of CO detectors do in fact go bad. But you might want to double check your instruction manual. CO is nothing to ignore, as it is odorless and the symptoms sneak up on you. It would be well worth the money to buy a new one to double check, just in case.

In the mean time, keep the coach well ventilated.
Mel Wilbur

Post by Mel Wilbur »

Nancy, check out the postings on Jan. 16, 2002 titled CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM. The mfg. suggested replacement time is 6 years so your alarm may possibly be defective as your coach is only 3 years old.
Mel & Connie
shilohdad

Post by shilohdad »

This may sound like a dumb question, but it happened to us! Are you sure it is the CO detector and not the smoke detector? We literally could not tell which one was beeping in our coach until we placed each one in separate areas of the coach so we could tell where the beep was coming from.
Joe and Lucinda
Tonto, Meadow and Shadow, the papillons
Shiloh and Morpho at Rainbow Bridge
2017 Spirit
Formerly 2006 24RB
bcope01

Post by bcope01 »

shilohdad wrote:This may sound like a dumb question, but it happened to us! Are you sure it is the CO detector and not the smoke detector? We literally could not tell which one was beeping in our coach until we placed each one in separate areas of the coach so we could tell where the beep was coming from.
Ditto.

Another time, we thought one of the smoke alarms in the house was beeping not long after changing the battery. Thought it couldn't be. After investigation, found that the beeping was the low battery warning coming from my cell phone that was sitting near by. :D

Bill
Barb & Bill
2004 Born Free 22' Built for Two (Sold)
no longer towing a 2008 Smart ForTwo

Escondido, CA
ddpjep

Defective Carbon Monoxide Detector

Post by ddpjep »

We have the same problem with the carbon monoxide detector beeping in our 2008 24RB even though the battery is new and fully charged. The CO detector is defective and we plan to replace it. Meanwhile we have removed the battery to stop the intermittent beeping. We never had a problem with the CO detector in our 2005 24RB motorcoach.
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Thanks everyone.........it is the CO detector by the back bed beeping. I took the battery out and no more beeping for now. I guess I will go buy a new one. We have all the windows and door open since it is parked in the garage to air it out. A month ago it was the stupid detector going crazy that is by the steps when you enter the side door. I pulled the fuse on it since that one is really ear piercing and wouldn't stop.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I've had problems with the one by the door. If the house batteries are low, it'll go. Also, weird things with aeresols can set it off. I've turned mine off and then turned it back on and it stopped. But it's gone off at weird times too, (like while pulling out of a filling station) where it just annoyed me enough to turn it off. Later, turned it back on and didnt' have any more problem.

Again, this is the propane detector near the door.

If you do have a propane leak, you need to "sweep" the propane fumes out, can' t just open windows because the gas sinks. So you sweep. It looks silly but it works.

I wouldn't want to run with it turned off all the time. You need to find out why it's going off....

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”