Sewer Solutions Product

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Dennis & Leatrice Amo

Sewer Solutions Product

Post by Dennis & Leatrice Amo »

I have a friend that has been using Sewer Solutions for several years and loves it. He has 21' Great West Sprinter. I believe his black water tank is about 11 gallons. I was wondering if anybody has purchase this product and has good success or were there any problems with it. Here is the web site for this product.

http://www.sewersolution.com/
rosannemarie2001

Post by rosannemarie2001 »

I too would be interested in feedback. We're about ready update/upgrade. I'm curious as to the dimensions of its storage box as it probably wouldn't fit in the bumper compartment.

Rosanne
BonaProf

Post by BonaProf »

I'm interested too. There is quite a bit of discussion about different ways to clean out the black water tank and the available products to help. There seems to be great support for Quckie Flush, a permanent modification to the black water tank. Campers World and Amazon sell them. Campers World will install one for $80; the installation, however, does not look too complicated. Has anyone ever installed one on a BF?
Jo Hayworth

Post by Jo Hayworth »

I have made several attempts to answer questions about Sewer Solutions but have been unsuccessful. We have been using Sewer Solutions this year and have been pleased. No storage problem due to small size. Easy to connect to our residential septic tank. Altogether, a great product for emptying tanks. Note: it does not flush out the black tank. JH
Brent

Post by Brent »

i purchased one a few years ago; it hasn't seen much use as I don't see that it really offers anything - other then being able to pump the waste over much longer distances if needed, which it does quite well. You will need a water source to provide pressure for it to function properly.

To me it is more stuff to carry. It doesn't clean the tank nearly as well as a wand.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

I used one a few years back. It does have a feature to flush out your black tank. Basically, the jet that is used to 'pulverize' the solids can be turned inwards towards the tank. Not the best flushing system, however.

Noticed that I said I used it, and no longer using it. The only advantage is that it can 'pump' your sewage up a slight incline.

Otherwise, the system takes a LOT of water and a LOT of time to empty the black tank. I mean A LOT!

Our BF came from the factory with a black tank rinser installed. It makes the job quick and easy, using the 'stinky slinky' and a separate hose to flush. I feel that this is the best combination.
Mary Ann

thorough cleaning of black tank

Post by Mary Ann »

I am no expert on anything about RVs, but tried a suggestion I read in one of my RV magazines. It was this: Dump a large bag of ice into the toilet. Immediately drive around for enough time for ice to have melted, preferably of bumpy roads, then hook up to an appropriate discharge station with our standard hose, and empty the black tank. Seemed to work perfectly for me. I tried this, because my tank monitor, after emptying normally, kept showing partial filling. After the ice (a big bag like you buy at gas stations, etc), and driving on slow, bumpy, residential streets, then emptying, the monitor showed empty! Hope this helps.
Mary Ann
Dallas Baillio

Post by Dallas Baillio »

I have been following this thread for a while and thought I might add my comments. We make it a practice while traveling to empty the holding tanks every day unless we dry camp at a Wal-Mart or a Forest Service campground which seldom have dump stations. When I arrive home the first thing I do is flush out both tanks. I have several lengths of sewer hose that I connect in one long run of about 30 feet. I connect these to the "clean out" valve on my home sewer line. Then I fill and flush each tank at least 3 times using a water hose under pressure. On my 26RSB I can bring the hose in through the bathroom window. After I finish I leave the sewer cap off the outside connect for several days until the tank dries out thoroughly. This procedure seems to work fine for me. It is nothing new of course, and many of you probably do the same thing. The only additional cost is a few extra sections of sewer hose and the connectors that fit between each one. The sewer tank may not be pristine, but after all it is a sewer tank, so one should expect a little ****!
Dallas Baillio
2001 26RSB
Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club Member

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”